Arcgis Server is not creating cache. Tile generation is not in progress.

05-30-2013 08:35 AM
ErdemEkinci
New Contributor
Hi everyone

I am beginner at arcgis 10.1 Server. So I am working on small sample data. I ve configured my mxd file. and wanted to publish at my localhost. I set my cache settings, my scale levels, Image Format(PNG32). then I clicked publish button. After a short progress it said completed. But I don't believe. because It couldnt be that much short. When I want to test at preview page, I saw I was correct. It was showing white blank page. no map.

I clicked "View Cache Status". It says %0.0 of the tiles are present. and the generation is not in progress.

I searched it on internet. I tried something. I restarted ArcCatalog. but no. Still 0.0%.

but after an hour, in some way that I dont know, I realized map comes to preview. that time I though it is ok. but when I zoom to low scales, map was blur. So only small part of map has been generated. I checked View Cache Status. Now It says 1.2%. but still says "Tile generation is not in progress". Now it is still not generating.

I Also made small tests at Arcgis Server 10.0 months ago, but I din't get this problem?

what is the solution of this? how can I force arccatalog to generate tile?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Hi everyone

I am beginner at arcgis 10.1 Server. So I am working on small sample data. I ve configured my mxd file. and wanted to publish at my localhost. I set my cache settings, my scale levels, Image Format(PNG32). then I clicked publish button. After a short progress it said completed. But I don't believe. because It couldnt be that much short. When I want to test at preview page, I saw I was correct. It was showing white blank page. no map.

I clicked "View Cache Status". It says %0.0 of the tiles are present. and the generation is not in progress.

I searched it on internet. I tried something. I restarted ArcCatalog. but no. Still 0.0%.

but after an hour, in some way that I dont know, I realized map comes to preview. that time I though it is ok. but when I zoom to low scales, map was blur. So only small part of map has been generated. I checked View Cache Status. Now It says 1.2%. but still says "Tile generation is not in progress". Now it is still not generating.

I Also made small tests at Arcgis Server 10.0 months ago, but I din't get this problem?

what is the solution of this? how can I force arccatalog to generate tile?

I have the same issue. I started a cache with settings shown in the screenshots below but I got the message �??the generation is not in progress�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24889[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]24890[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]24891[/ATTACH]

What might be the problem here?
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
ErdemEkinci
New Contributor
I have the same issue. I started a cache with settings shown in the screenshots below but I got the message �??the generation is not in progress�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24889[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]24890[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]24891[/ATTACH]

What might be the problem here?

Yes Exactly same problem. When I was working with arcgis 10 server, It was creating caches instantly.

If someone explain us, I will be glad.
0 Kudos
ErdemEkinci
New Contributor
So? isn't that any solution?
0 Kudos
jekeywang
New Contributor
Yes Exactly same problem.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28158[/ATTACH]
I click the �??complete job�?��?then the status change to �??the generation is in progress�?�
0 Kudos
BradFindlay
New Contributor III
This problem stumped me for a while too, but I figured out a solution:

From the GIS Servers service list, right click your service --> Manage Cache --> Manage Tiles. Next in the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles dialog, make sure Recreate All Tiles is specified in the Update Mode variable, the click OK to create the tiles.

This solution seemed to work great for me, and my tiles were created successfully after this tool was finished running. I don't however claim to be an expert in creating map service caches.

Brad Findlay
GIS Analyst
City of Rancho Cordova
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
This problem stumped me for a while too, but I figured out a solution:

From the GIS Servers service list, right click your service --> Manage Cache --> Manage Tiles. Next in the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles dialog, make sure Recreate All Tiles is specified in the Update Mode variable, the click OK to create the tiles.

This solution seemed to work great for me, and my tiles were created successfully after this tool was finished running. I don't however claim to be an expert in creating map service caches.

Brad Findlay
GIS Analyst
City of Rancho Cordova

Thanks Brad for sharing your experience

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
MichaelNesius
Occasional Contributor
Perhaps you weren't setting the 'Build cache automatically when the service is published' option on the Caching tab of the Service Editor during publishing.
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Michael,

But how this can be set after publishing?

Clip_196.jpg

Jamal Numan
josuedi
New Contributor III

I have the same issue with a post. The cache stops at 99.6% and I have done several maneuvers to see if it can reach 100%, but the problem continues. I attach an image. My ArcGIS Server is 10.5.

Thank you for any response you can provide.