Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Server fails to show the Map services even though the server is working fine.

03-27-2017 05:01 AM
rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Server fails to show the Map services even though the server is working fine.

Despite the fact that the ArcGIS Server is working fine, it fails to show the map services when i try to view/consume it.

For example, I tried to publish map service “parcel_02” & when I try to consume this service it fails to appear. Attached

What might be the issue here?

I used ArcMap & ArcGIS Server 10.5

Best,

Rawan

Tags (1)
40 Replies
rawansaleh1

Dear Jayanta,

I tried to republish the service with no advantages. Attached

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What is the third warning from the analysis that is covered up in your snapshots above? Does it have anything to do with reference frame v's data reference system being different?  Maybe the data is not projecting correctly when publishing.  That may account for the extent (XMIN YMIX XMAX YMAX) all being null or NaN.

if not, it still may be that although you mxd has permissions to the data, maybe the ArcGIS Server service does not.  Can you look at the permissions on the folder and source dataset?  Use file explorer, not catalog, to look at the security properties. 

rawansaleh1

Dear Rebeca,

the ArcGIS server also have a full control on the data source. the data frame & the layer has the same reference system.

rawansaleh1

Yes Neil I published the map service in all scales.

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Just a quick check, but when you look at the REST service, have you tried clicking on the View In option and looked at it using the ArcGIS JavaScript viewer? You can at least confirm the features are viewable.

rawansaleh1

Yes I tried this option, and nothing was able to appear.

TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Just confirming - you have ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and ArcGIS Server 10.5.  Is that correct?

I'd make sure there isn't an issue with publishing the map service in 10.5.

• Have you tried publishing the map service using ArcGIS Pro? 
  • Do you have a machine that has an earlier version of desktop installed? You might try publishing using an earlier version. 
rawansaleh1

This is the first time I face this issue.

I will try to publish it by using Arcgis pro, is that will be related to my issue?

Best,

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Just a test to see if you are able to publish with Pro and then use the REST service.  10.5 is fairly new, so I'd test to make sure a problem hasn't been introduced with this release.

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Rawan,

Does the ArcGIS Server Manager log viewer list anything when you try to draw/view the service in a webmap?

-Bill