ArcGIS Server fails to show the Map services even though the server is working fine.

03-27-2017 05:01 AM
rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Server fails to show the Map services even though the server is working fine.

Despite the fact that the ArcGIS Server is working fine, it fails to show the map services when i try to view/consume it.

For example, I tried to publish map service “parcel_02” & when I try to consume this service it fails to appear. Attached

What might be the issue here?

I used ArcMap & ArcGIS Server 10.5

Best,

Rawan

Tags (1)
40 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to see the content of the map service (list of layers and other details) when you navigate through the REST URL (in browser)?

Think Location
0 Kudos
rawansaleh1

Thank you for reply Jayanta,

actually no I can’t, it’s look like that I’m publish an empty service while in the real I’m not.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if the map service has got corrupt. Republishing the map service and overwriting the older map service should resolve the issue.

Does this issue happen frequently or with multiple map services?

Think Location
0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Is it possible that you are zoomed way out when looking at that service.

Note that in ArcMap you are at a scale of 1:3000, the service has 1:650k+

rawansaleh1

Thanks for reply Neil,

The issue is not related to the map scale, because it has the same behavior when I click on zoom to layer "nothing change".

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
Juan_ManuelAngel
Esri Contributor

It's posible that the arcgis server account dont have the rigth permissions to query de data, so if you can give more information about that i will be very helpfull, so try to give full control permissions to the arcgis server account.

rawansaleh1

Thanks Juan for your reply,

Actually, my ArcGIS server account has a full permission.

in my case when I published a map service, the services work fine at the beginning.

After that the ArcGIS server suddenly fails to show the map service and their layers.

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I agree with Neil that it appears to be scale related.  If it appears readable at 1:3k, when at 1:657k+ it's not going to be usable anyway, so maybe 

1) you gave it cached but not at 1:657k  As a scale level plus, OR

2) you have it as a scale factor but not cached at the scale and on-demand turned off.  OR

And more likely...

3) the source Layer in the mxd used to created the service is using scale depend drawing and has that Layer turned off at that scale.  Again, the display at the 1:657k scale would be so dense it would be useful, so typically you would turn that off at that scale in the source mxd feeding the service, and/or use something like symbol representation to simplify the lines as you zoom out, maybe simplified to display neighborhoods boundaries v's plots....city boundaries v's neighborhoods, etc. as you zoom out.  Drawing would be faster and more useful at those scales.

0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I got the issue at my machine as well. The arcgis server manages to successfully publish an mxd file, however, dragging\dropping the output service into the arcmap shows nothing (no scales are set here, so the issue is not related to scales dependency). Also, nothing appears as the service is displayed with ArcGIS JavaScript.

What could be the issue? has anyone experienced this very frustrating issue?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine