arcgis server error 00099: Layer has a join with an unsupported data source

Jump to solution
10-28-2014 12:45 PM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I tried to publish a dynamically generated layer as a map service.  This dynamic layer is generated through a ModelBuilder that consists of a Add Join tool.  In the map service publishing, I received the error: 00099: Layer has a join with an unsupported data source.  I believe that that is due to the use of an In-Memory FC (unsupported data source).  Through google, I could not find any discussion to avoid/eliminate this problem.  Do you know how?  Appreciate if you can share your experience.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SusanJones
Occasional Contributor II

Is the data source registered with ArcGIS Server?

Does the data source contain a unique key field that can double as a ObjectId key?

Consider using the the Make Query Table tool in your model/python script before calling the Add Join tool

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SusanJones
Occasional Contributor II

Is the data source registered with ArcGIS Server?

Does the data source contain a unique key field that can double as a ObjectId key?

Consider using the the Make Query Table tool in your model/python script before calling the Add Join tool

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Susan:  Wonderful!  Per your advisory, I substituted the Add Join tool by the Make Query Table tool.  Then, it went through in publishing it as a map service.  Thanks.

0 Kudos