ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 Setup Program Patch

12-09-2021 07:29 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - does anyone have any insight with the ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 Setup Program Patch released today 12/09/2021

https://support.esri.com/en/download/7956

Seems a bit of a catch-22, in that you must have 10.9.1 installed before applying the patch.  Yet the patch seems to address an install issue with 10.9.1 itself . . . 

6 Replies
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dave,

We are curious too as per your post.  We upgraded our ArcGIS Enterprise to 10.9.1 successfully last week, which includes Server, Portal, etc.  I am assuming we need to go ahead and install this patch for future updates, but I would like to get confirmation from Esri.  Thanks for posting on this topic.

Regards, Jay

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Jay, that's good to know . . . I was afraid that this might be a situation where I would have to install, run the patch, then run through the setup again (on 4 servers).  It looks like maybe the patch addresses an issue where we can't install any future patches without this one or, we couldn't update to something > 10.9.1

But again, not real clear

0 Kudos
Oiligriv
Occasional Contributor

Another important patch concerns the ArcGIS Server rename

https://support.esri.com/en/download/7952

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I would say that @Oiligriv post clears things up, in that the instructions read you can't install the rename patch until you install the setup patch.

0 Kudos
StaceMaples
Occasional Contributor III

My question is WHEN should you apply the patch in an upgrade? Immediately after install, but before any other setup procedures and installs (web adapter, data store, etc...)? After everything? The docs aren't clear on anything, not installation, or issues addressed.  I've been going back and forth with Esri Support all day on this and noone seems to have an answer. 

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I've always applied the patches as my final and last step, after everything has been installed, and all my machines are their dns names without ssl errors

0 Kudos