ArcGIS Server 10.8 Upgrade Fail. Existing ArcGIS Server Site Not Found.

06-04-2020 02:51 PM
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Hi All

I am trying to upgrade stand-alone ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 to 10.8. When running the installer it correctly detects the previous install on E drive and prompts the user to rename the directory and rerun installer.

Rename Folder

After rerun of the installer, it defaults the install files to C drive instead of E drive. Upgrade completes successfully but on loading the server manager we see a new install screen:

Server Manager

Any ideas as to why this might be occurring? 

Thanks,

Orlo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Orlo Dennison‌,

I just wanted to confirm you had created a ArcGIS Server site previously before attempting an upgrade? If that is the case it appears ArcGIS Server is not reading correctly from it's configuration store.

• In the initial install where were the ArcGIS Server configuration store and directories folders located (C: or E:)?
  • Is this a multi-machine or single-machine deployment?

If you are still encountering issues I would recommend created a case with support. At that point we would be able to assist with resolving the ArcGIS Server site issue.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Hi Thomas Jones

Thanks for your reply. Yes there was an existing ArcGIS Server site before we attempted the upgrade. The initial install configuration folders were located in E:\arcgisserver\config-store and this was a single-machine deployment.

I should add that we successfully did the same upgrade on our Dev server, however that server does not have a partitioned storage drive - only C.

Cheers,

Orlo

0 Kudos
ODenn
by
New Contributor

I think the issue is caused when the ArcGIS Server install initiates an ArcGIS Desktop upgrade to match the new version of ArcGIS Server.

Before upgrading ArcGIS Server run the ArcGIS Desktop upgrade first. Or upgrade to ArcGIS Server 10.9 -  which does not require ArcGIS Desktop to be installed.

0 Kudos
mgress12
New Contributor III

We ran into this recently upgrading from 10.7.1 to 10.9.1. Single machine deployment with configuration store and directories on G: drive.

The same error message was encountered so we rebooted, renamed the folder, and ran the setup again. We then had to recreate the site. 

We have other sites we've upgraded from 10.7.1 to 10.9.1 with similar setups and had no issues.

Anyone know what causes this?

0 Kudos