ArcGIS Server 10.7.1: Which option is better to cache imageries contained in mosaic: publishing as cached map service or cached image service?

09-05-2020 11:29 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Server 10.7.1: Which option is better to cache imageries contained in mosaic: publishing as cached map service or cached image service?

I’m not sure regarding the precise pros and cons of caching imageries contained in mosaic by publishing as cached map service or cached image service

Which one could be the best option in this case?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
3 Replies
DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

This is a great question - and I would love to get an answer that actually describes the difference. I only have a feeling that the outcome is the same with raster tiles in a multi-tier folder structure. It's just the source service that provides a difference.

But I would love to be corrected

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

How about this question when it comes with the most recent technology: Pro 2.9 and ArcGIS Server 10.9?

Which option is much faster: Cached Map Service (that contains mosaic for the imageries) or Image Service?

Clip_21.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I have cached the image service but couldn’t figure out what could be the difference between it and the cached map service

Clip_140.jpgClip_141.jpgClip_142.jpgClip_143.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos