ArcGIS Server 10.3 on AWS publish service window changed?

11-01-2016 01:31 PM
BrandiWilliford
New Contributor II

I have been running an ArcGIS Server 10.3 on Amazon Web for over six months and in the last week I have noticed a change when I try to publish a map service.  Because of security in our organization, I create a service definition file locally that links to an Oracle enterprise and then I copy the .sd file to the map server in the cloud and publish service through ArcGIS Server Manager.  I have successfully ran through this process many times but last week when I tried to publish a new service, in the first window of the "Publish Service" process where I choose the service definition file, I now see a jsontoken reference at the bottom of the pop up window.  When I do choose a file that is on the map server directory and select NEXT, I now see a notice that says "Please wait while the service definition is copied to your server..." and then it thinks for a while until manager times out.   I have not changed my publishing process but I have never encountered this information or behavior until the past week.  I know Windows OS patches have been installed but I wouldn't anticipate the operating system interfering with the ESRI Server Manager although I could be wrong.  Has anybody else experienced this issue and have you found a way to work around it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

From above statement looks like your process was correct but os patch impact you current enviroment
try to install ArcGIS server publishing patch then this issue resolved
we have observed multiple time same type of timeout issue
And its got resolved after installing publishing patch.

0 Kudos
BrandiWilliford
New Contributor II

Thank you.  I see that there is a patch for ArcGIS Server 10.4 however we are running ArcGIS Server 10.3 currently.  We plan to migrate to Server 10.4 after Thanksgiving but until then, is there a similar patch available for Server 10.3 to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

have checked and its not available for 10.3.
Can you please try to upload SD file using desktop application using arcgis server tool.

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The problem sounds like one specific to Chrome and Firefox.  Are you using either of those browsers?  Can you try IE?  You can take a look at this blog for more information.

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III

This is also a problem with ArcGIS Server 10.2.2. 

0 Kudos