ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 SOE: ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class

08-08-2016 09:58 AM
LanceGoens
New Contributor III

I'm able to successfully register an SOE that was originally developed for ArcGIS Server 10.0 on 10.3.1, but when I try to enable the SOE on a map service, it fails and throws the error : ClassFactory cannot supply the requested class. My assumption based off the lacking error message is that a library/dll is not being placed correctly somewhere but the message doesn't say what class, or what directory it's looking in for it.

Can someone tell me what happens after you add an extension in Server Manager? Does it take dll files in the SOE bundle and copy them to the GAC, ArcGIS Server install bin directory, or somewhere else? I've been spinning my wheels on this for 4 days. I've tried manually placing all referenced dlls in the GAC manually at the suggestion of the esri support tech, but that doesn't have any effect and I feel like they are guessing anyway. I know the SOE works because it's running in production on a 10.0 version of ArcGIS Server.

What needs to be done to reuse this SOE on 10.3.1. Also, I've ensured that the extension support was installed as part of the ArcGIS Server installation - I know that was the problem for some with this error. Also, ESRI.ArcGIS.SOESupport (v10.3.0) is in the GAC.

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

In 10.0 did you use this soe (service published) with mxd or msd ?

If you have used it in 10.0 with mxd, in 10.3.1 this soe could not run correctly because optimized map service (msd) use a completely different drawing engine and source file than MXD-based services, they draw very quickly. However, this also means that they do not support full ArcObjects access from the Carto library. When working with optimized map services, you cannot use any ArcObjects directly related to the map document, such as IMapServerObjects, IMap, ILayer, and IFeatureLayer

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2010/11/12/accessing-optimized-map-services-with-server-object-ex...

In 10.0 you compile soe in x86, with 10.1 or superior you compile in x64

0 Kudos