Arcgis Server 10.3.1 Published service want to see the hyperlinks

05-23-2016 05:30 AM
Maneshsharma2
New Contributor

Dear all

I am Publshing a Service from arcgis Desktop in which i have attached the Hyperlinks to the Feature Class.

I want to see the hyperlinks when i click on that feature in the Server puclished service.

I am able to Publsih the service but not able to see the hyperlinks.

How can i do it

Please help with Any document.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

Raju,

Where are you trying to view the Service at?

(ArcGIS Online, a JavaScript Map, ArcMap, etc...)

Chris

0 Kudos
Maneshsharma2
New Contributor

Sir arcgis viewer for silver light or flex

0 Kudos
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

Raju,

I apologize but I am not that familiar with Flex or Silverlight.

From what I have seen, you will need to edit where the popups are configured in the code for the app.

To add a hyperlink in HTML, add this line to the configuration.

1. <a href="{YourField}" target="_blank"><B>More Info</B> 

I hope that this will help!

Chris

0 Kudos
NeoGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

If using the Flex Viewer, popups are not controlled by the hyperlinks in ArcGIS Desktop, they are controlled by the configuration files in the Flex Viewer itself.  You have to do two things:

1) In the config.xml in the main folder of the flex viewer, you add the map service and add a sublayer tag which specifies which popup configuration file to use for each layer like this:

<layer label="Demographics" type="tiled" visible="false" alpha="0.6"

url="http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Demographics/USA_Median_Household_Income/MapServ...">

<sublayer id="1" popupconfig="popups/PopUp_Demographics_BlockGroups.xml"/>

<sublayer id="2" popupconfig="popups/PopUp_Demographics_Tracts.xml"/>

<sublayer id="3" popupconfig="popups/PopUp_Demographics_Counties.xml"/>

<sublayer id="4" popupconfig="popups/PopUp_Demographics_States.xml"/>

</layer>

2) Create a popup configuration file in the popups folder.  You can copy one of the example files and modify it to fit the attributes in your layers.  If you have lots of layers or layers with hundreds of attributes that you don't wish to type out, I created a script a few years ago which you can download from ArcScripts which will automatically generate popup files for every layer in the map service you specify.

If you are new to ArcGIS, I should make you aware that although Silverlight and Flex are superior in some ways to the current javascript viewer, ESRI has chosen to stop supporting Silverlight and Flex so you may want to consider looking at Javascript.

0 Kudos