ArcGIS Online Arcade Expression: Query Results in Viewer?

Jump to solution
05-29-2018 02:01 PM
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

This maybe not be possible but trying anyway. I have a Map Service with geometry features published. Two of the columns are 'Zone1' and 'Zone2' with values like 'ABC' or 'DEF'. The values of 'ABC' or 'DEF' can be present in both columns in the same row.

There is also a static 'lookup table' with a column named ZONECLASS and values like 'ABC' or 'DEF'. The static table is also published as layer in the along with the layer with geometry. So far so good.

What I am trying to do is that inside ArcGIS Online's Arcade Expression, query the static table's layer and get that data displayed inside ArcGIS Online. The query works in the browser as:

http://servicepath/MapServer/1/query?where=ZONECLASS=%ABC27&outFields=DOCNAME

But how to bring value of the DOCNAME field inside ArcGIS Online? I have built an expression as above url but that's just a string. I need to get the output.

Is that even possible? Any alternate solutions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Currently it is not possible to query external data in the Arcade expression, you can only use the information present in the current record of the feature. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Currently it is not possible to query external data in the Arcade expression, you can only use the information present in the current record of the feature. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Irfan Clemson‌ be sure to mark Xander's answer as correct!

0 Kudos