ArcGIS for Server Manager page is hanging

10-22-2013 01:09 PM
GhassanKarwchan
New Contributor III
My colleague installed ArcGIS for server 10.1, and he can successfully login to arcgis manager page
I have permission to login
but when I use the web browser to login to manager, I get the waiting bar, which goes forever
both of us having IE 9

It happened on both situation when I run it from the arcgis server machine itself, and when I run it from my machine targeting the server in the url.

and it happens when I run it from IE or chrome
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NikolasStevenson-Molnar
New Contributor
The server manager for 10.1 no longer works in Chrome because it uses Dojo 1.6 and Chrome recently broke the 1.6 implementation of dojo.query. Usually when something "hangs", it's indicative of a JavaScript error on page. To confirm this, take a look at the JavaScript console. In Chrome, click the menu button (three lines in the upper-right corner) and choose Tools > JavaScript console. When I do this, I see a slew of errors for the server manager.

This may or may not be the problem you're seeing. To confirm, I'd give Firefox a try. I've been able to use the Server 10.1 manager in the latest version of Firefox.

_Nik
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Ghassan,

-Try to login to ArcGIS Server Manager from another machine with your account.
-This behavior might occur if your account contains a period or non-English characters. If it is so, then install ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server Manager Login Patch.

Regards,
0 Kudos
GhassanKarwchan
New Contributor III
the problem still exists in Firefox
and IE 9
and my credentials don't have any non-English letters
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos