ArcGIS for Server License Mapping to .ecp File

12-12-2019 10:52 AM
RomanValoria1
New Contributor II

Dear all:

I need to understand the mapping between an "ArcGIS for Server 10.5.1 Standard Edition Enterprise Capacity" license and all the ACTUAL "license feature names" that this translates into the .ecp ASCII authorization file. This runs on Linux.

svrstandard, svrenterprise, etc.

Is there such a mapping anythwere?

I have a number of "license feature names" that I believe are optional additional ones and I want to identify which are the core / mandatory only for the license type.

Thanks,

Roman.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Roman,

> I need to understand the mapping between an "ArcGIS for Server 10.5.1 Standard Edition Enterprise Capacity" license and all the ACTUAL "license feature names" that this translates into the .ecp ASCII authorization file.

First, be advised that ArcGIS Server 10.5.1 is currently in extended support until Nov 2020. I suggest you upgrade to a later release soon.

Esri Support ArcGIS Server 10.5 (10.5.1) 

Second, to learn what's included with "ArcGIS for Server 10.5.1 Standard Edition Enterprise" please see this functionality matrix document, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 Functionality Matrix 

Specific questions regarding your ArcGIS software license are best directed to your local esri account manager/Distributor.

Hope this helps,

RomanValoria1
New Contributor II

Derek:

Thanks, I am perfectly aware that this is an old version, but our current software is only certified there, so I have no choice.

I was also aware of the document you linked, although it seems Esri does not keep live copies of any older release documente, despite the original page mentioning 10.5.1, the actual document is 10.7.1.

My question is not answered by that document either and it does not specifically refer to my license.

I want to understand, for any license, when you order "ArcGIS for Server 10.5.1 Standard Edition Enterprise Capacity"  what is EXACTLY delivered in the .ecp authorization file on the first column. I do not require any extension, just the pure basic functionality provided by that version. It is not the actual workflows you can perform, but what I call the "license feature names".

We had some clients stating that they have that server edition and capacity, only to later found that have a lesser version. We want to be able to assess by looking at what .ecp authorization file the client provides, if they are indeed having the required edition and capacity.

Thanks,

Roman.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Roman,

> I was also aware of the document you linked, although it seems Esri does not keep live copies of any older release documente, despite the original page mentioning 10.5.1, the actual document is 10.7.1.

Thanks for letting me know, I will see if this can be corrected.

> We had some clients stating that they have that server edition and capacity, only to later found that have a lesser version.

It would be best if you directed your clients to talk with their local esri account manager/Distributor for specifics about their licenses and what they've purchased; instead of trying to "read" the contents of their .ecp authorization file (its content and schema is subject to change between different software releases).

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos