Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise upgrade

Jump to solution
05-17-2023 05:18 AM
BarryG
by
Occasional Contributor

We are planning to soon upgrade from ArcGIS Enterprie 10.8.1 to 11.1.  This will be our first ArcGIS Enterprise upgrade to complete since initial installation. 

My question is with upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise, will we be required to configure the software applications again (i.e., add the Certificate, configuring the identity store, etc.), or shall the upgrade recognize and keep these settings?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Yes VM snapshots, specifically whilst the ArcGIS Services are stopped (to prevent lock file corruption etc in the event of a restore).

Running WebGISDR on-top of this is a bonus (the more backups the better), but will require extra work if you're solely relying on the WebGISDr backup (manually backing up cached services etc).

This is what's included in a WebGISDR:

ArcGIS Enterprise backups—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes @ZachBodenner - I would say you are reading that exactly right.   In fact, for my impending upgrade this weekend, I had our system admins do exactly that - increase my D:\ drive space to accommodate the 2.5x free space

0 Kudos
BarryG
by
Occasional Contributor

I assume it necessary or recommended to upgrade the License Manager as well?  And, in a multi-machine deployment, is it typical to install the License Manager with a particular Enterprise component (i.e., Portal machine, etc.)?

0 Kudos