ArcGIS Enterprise upgrade 10.7 to 10.7.1: Trees style returns 404

Jump to solution
07-01-2019 05:24 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

After upgrading of our ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.7 to 10.7.1, everything seem to be working fine except that our trees of our scene do not display anymore.

Checking the console, I see the JSON style do not load:

/geoportal being our webadaptor name.

I checked in ArcGIS Setup directory to check if the files had been properly installed and they are:

Any idea what is wrong ? Any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

I didn't see it mentioned but did you install the Portal for ArcGIS Web Styles from my esri? At 10.7.1 this was separated out from the main installation of Portal.

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 quick start guide—Quick Start Guides | ArcGIS Desktop 

• Portal for ArcGIS Web Styles—provides the complete set of 3D symbology for use in ArcGIS Enterprise portal’s Scene Viewer. It is to be applied on top of the Portal for ArcGIS setup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
NicolasGIS

I set up an 10.7 ArcGIS Enterprise again and found out that those files are also in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Arcgis\Portal\framework\webapps\rootapp\styleItems

in addition to:

C:\Program Files\Arcgis\Portal\framework\template\filetokens\framework\webapps\rootapp\styleItems

So I compared the 10.7 folder with 10.7.1 and indeed some folders are missing in 10.7.1 deployment:

- styleItems folder in 10.7 folder deployment:

styleItems folder on 10.7 deployment

- styleItems folder in 10.7.1 folder deployment:

I then upgraded my 10.7 deployment to 10.7.1 and at the end, I only had "Icons" and "ThematicShapes" folders. All the others were gone.

So it is the 3rd upgrade from 10.7 to 10.7.1 and everytime the missing folders are not deployed so I believe there is an issue somewhere.

Also, I tried to "repair" the 10.7.1 installation but at the end, the files were still missing.

Any idea ?

Any body upgraded from 10.7 to 10.7.1 facing the same issue ?

Any solution in the meantime ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I can verify that I see the same folders after upgrading my ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.7 --> 10.7.1

I would highly recommend that you reach out to technical support on this issue and have them investigate.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know that there is nothing wrong with the upgrade.

Will try recreating the scene from the new ArcGIS Pro to see how the WebScene behaves.

Thanks

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

FYI, using the very same ArcGIS Pro project, I published again the trees layer to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and they do not display because of all the errors mentionned above.

I switch activ portal to ArcGIS Online and they display nicely => I am contacting ESRI support.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

In case anybody face the same issue, a bug is now opened:

BUG-000124604 3D tree layers do not load as the styleItems for 'RealisticTrees' are not found when publishing web scenes at ArcGIS Enterprise v10.7.1

Soluton/Workaround: "The current resolution is to downgrade to v10.7."

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

I didn't see it mentioned but did you install the Portal for ArcGIS Web Styles from my esri? At 10.7.1 this was separated out from the main installation of Portal.

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 quick start guide—Quick Start Guides | ArcGIS Desktop 

• Portal for ArcGIS Web Styles—provides the complete set of 3D symbology for use in ArcGIS Enterprise portal’s Scene Viewer. It is to be applied on top of the Portal for ArcGIS setup.
0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Thanks Andrew !

It does solve the issue. 

Seems like ESRI Support is not very aware about it...When I think that it took 1 month and a half to have this false positiv logged ! 

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused! I'll reach out to the Enterprise Team in technical support to make sure they are aware of this change. Additionally, I will reach out to our Enterprise Team in development to see if there's additional documentation that I may have missed.

regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Nicolas,

I wanted to follow up as there are some additional docs that the Enterprise Team provided in regards to this. 

This is listed in step 22 in the upgrade your ArcGIS Enterprise doc

Upgrade your ArcGIS Enterprise portal—Portal for ArcGIS (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS Enterp...  

"You must additionally install the Web Styles setup to use a complete set of 3D symbology fromScene Viewer. For additional information, see Scene Viewer requirements."

Here are the Scene Viewer requirements

Scene Viewer requirements—Portal for ArcGIS (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS Enterprise 

What's new in portal for arcgis

What's new in the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enter... 

If there's additional locations where you were looking and didn't see it please let us know!

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos