ArcGIS Enterprise Portal Upgrade Error 10.7.1

09-04-2019 04:55 AM
SharfrajZaman1
New Contributor II

I was trying to upgrade the ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1. I was stuck with an issue and the error was " Failed to execute SQL file  C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template\sql\10.7.0_to_10.7.1\livingatlasdiff.sql "

Since in my case case it is a disconnected environment and I am not using internet in my machine and also I am not using livingatlas; so for the time being to troubleshoot the issue, I removed the "livingatlasdiff.sql" file from its original location (although kept it as a backup) and tried to upgrade the Portal which eventually upgraded successfully from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1. Does anyone faced similar problem and how it is resolved. Kindly let me know.

Portal Upgrade Error Portal upgraded from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1 successfully

20 Replies
LukeSavage1
New Contributor II

Getting the same issue with C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template\sql\data.sql'.  Any ideas?  I tried the livingatlasdiff.sql rename and didn't work.  Because this error is pointed to data.sql file, it might be a different issue.  Upgrading from ArcGIS 10.6 to 10.7.1.

0 Kudos
DougKnight
New Contributor II

I installed 10.7.1, and then before I performed the post install upgrade I removed the livingatlas.sql file from the directory and all went according to plan.  Not sure about data.sql though

0 Kudos
LukeSavage1
New Contributor II

As an update to the data.sql error, it was a bad mmpk file that caused the upgrade to fail.  As a best guess, the mmp file was created in 2015 and during the upgrade process to subsequent versions caused it to become corrupt.  This could possibly be another bug entirely or when the file was updated and overwritten in April of 2019 didn't publish the new file format correctly within Portal.  The fix was to remove the mmpk file prior to upgrading Portal and all is well.  If you see this problem again, call Esri support so they can isolate the content ID within the error logs.  I used a test cloned system prior to upgrading so we had the production environment to help troubleshoot the problem.  It is good that 10.8 will correct the living atlas issues or any default content that has been deleted from the system to not fail during upgrade. 

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

All, this is a known defect that Esri actively tracking: BUG-000119769: Deleting Living Atlas content from Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 causes an upgrade failure w....  This issue will be fixed in 10.8.

For those of you who are encountering this defect, do not remove the "livingatlasdiff.sql" as mentioned earlier in this thread.  This fix is more like a band-aid than a permanent solution.  You'll be able to successfully upgrade this time but any subsequent upgrades will fail.  With this in mind, please contact Esri Tech Support if you haven't already done so, in order to resolve this issue.  If you have questions about contacting Support, please feel free to DM me.

JeffTimm
Occasional Contributor

Will this referenced bug be extended to 10.7 to 10.7.1?

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Yes!  The defect synopsis has been updated to: "Deleting Living Atlas content from Portal for ArcGIS causes an upgrade failure when upgrading"; there will be a delay before this update is reflected in the URL posted above.  The bug number and details will remain the same.

Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, just got a client who experience this bug when upgrading Enterprise from 10.6 to 10.7.1.

Will there be a fix for 10.7.1 as well. Best pH

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Pål, the fix will only be in 10.8; there won't be a fix for 10.7.1.

Since your customer is encountering this issue, please feel free to create a case with your distributor's tech support.  Once the case is escalated to Esri Inc., you can PM the case number and I can look into it further from my side. 

Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks a lot ! I work at the support services for the Norwegian distributor so a case in SF and escalating to Esri should be a piece of cake. I have not yet got much details from our client but seems the Living Atlas is gone or messed up 😕 

Pål_HermanSund2
Esri Contributor

Finally made a case in the "global Salesforce": 02476375, https://esri.lightning.force.com/lightning/r/Case/5005x00001Wjm6JAAR/view 

Many thanks, really appreciated

best

Pål Herman (pH)