ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on Azure VM FQDN problem

Jump to solution
09-29-2022 11:49 AM
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Anyone can help me telling why we deploy AGS Enterprise on Azure virtual machine and instead arcgis register fqdn as we set up eg GISSERVER, it configure FQDN like this machinename.xx.internal.cloudapp.net

When I search about this address on azure docs, I can notice that it is an FQDN on virtual cloud network for resources on cloud

My arcgis enterprise deployment register machine name (and self certificates) as machinename.xx.internal.cloudapp.net instead GISSERVER

is there any workaround to deal with this ? I mean I must to deploy enterprise on azure vm and control FQDN because sometimes this machine can change his region and this change this machinename.xx.internal.cloudapp.net address

thanks in advance

RENATOTEIXEIRA1_0-1664477338273.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

this is always the case with Azure VMs and I'm not entirely certain what your issue is. Your machines will always have an internal cloudapp.net address, and this is what you should point your web adaptors at. You should be able to setup your VM in Azure so that you can access your portal externally via an URL like gissite.region.cloudapp.azure.com/portal. You can in turn use this to put a proper domain name in place from your organisation and assign security certificates using this domain.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

this is always the case with Azure VMs and I'm not entirely certain what your issue is. Your machines will always have an internal cloudapp.net address, and this is what you should point your web adaptors at. You should be able to setup your VM in Azure so that you can access your portal externally via an URL like gissite.region.cloudapp.azure.com/portal. You can in turn use this to put a proper domain name in place from your organisation and assign security certificates using this domain.

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

very nice @NiekGoorman1 , I really appreciate your answer

0 Kudos