ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder 10.8 fails to deploy with private IP

06-16-2020 05:47 PM
HéctorMeléndez
Esri Contributor

I'm deploying ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 with a private IP and the deployment fails with an Azure  Resource Manager (ARM) template validation error.

Deployment Error:- Template validation errors:- InvalidTemplate. Details:- Deployment template validation failed: 'The value for the template parameter 'dnsPrefixForPublicIpAddress' at line '1' and column '1697' is not provided. Please see https://aka.ms/resource-manager-parameter-files for usage details.'.

Attached is the cloud builder log.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SamDrummond
New Contributor

Héctor Meléndez‌ did you get any further with this?

I'm currently doing some R&D deploying ArcGIS Enterprise internally to an Azure VNET and have struck the same issue?

0 Kudos
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

There was a defect in the dnsPrefixForPublicIpAddress settings within the azuredeploy.json that was resolved in the 10.8.1 release. If you're still running into any issues with the deployment using the private IP deployment option, please let me know.

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos
HéctorMeléndez
Esri Contributor

Hi Sam. I haven't tested this in 10.8.1. Have you?

0 Kudos
SamDrummond
New Contributor

Not yet, will likely revisit in the next month.

0 Kudos
Hwa_SaupLee
New Contributor III

Hi. Hector, 

I am encountering a similar issue.  I select a new private IP.  and in the next screen for the certificate options, self-signed certificate option is gray out.  Please see below.  I cannot go to the next step. 

Hwa_SaupLee_0-1606363381282.png

0 Kudos