Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise Builder 11.2

Jump to solution
01-28-2024 11:00 AM
jez
by
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Enterprise Builder completes successfully on Windows Server 2022 and opens Edge browser to:

http://localhost:6080/arcgis/enterprise/

Per the instructions on screen, I click the Next button and browser goes to:

https://localhost:6443/arcgis/enterprise/

Hmmm can't reach this page: localhost refused to connect. 

I was expecting to get the HTTPS warning indicated by previous instructions and the documentation. Instead, no site loads at all and it doesn't seem to exist. 

All ports are open on the machine. Server, Portal and DataStore services appear to be running, but no service appears to be listening on port 6443.  Windows diagnostics seem to confirm this; for instance, netstat command shows 6080 listening but not 6443, and there are no relevant entries in the Event Log.

This is an Enterprise Builder basic deployment "off the shelf" that completed "successfully", so why does it misbehave at the first configuration step?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jez
by
New Contributor II

Thank all for your suggestions.  I made substantial progress on these issues but ultimately abandoned the deployment approach after discussing with Esri technical support.  Sounds like Enterprise Builder is not supported (or compatible) with deploying to GCP VMs at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @jez 

We can approach this with general troubleshooting steps. However, as you mentioned that this is stock installation and you have checked "netstat" as well.

There is one thing I would like to request you to check as I think it's a Microsoft issue. I have experience this before with Windows Server 2019 and I think it has cascaded to 2022 as well. 

• Install IIS Crypto on the Windows Server where you are trying to build this site
  • Use IISCrypto to check if the "PKCS Key Exchange" is enabled or disabled
  • If it is disabled, enable it for testing.
  • Restart ArcGIS Server and try to create the site again.

For more details on PKCS Key Exchange : 

I will try to find a BUG id associated to this and will share that soon with you.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos
jez
by
New Contributor II

@ArchitSrivastava 

IISCrypto indicated that all key exchanges including PKCS were defaulted to the OS setting (Windows).  After explicitly enabling PKCS and rebooting, nothing changed.  Similar to thread below regarding ArcSOC, this seems like an odd rabbit hole for a "stock installation" using a fresh, single machine base deployment.

Hoping more guidance can reveal a simpler solution.

0 Kudos
hlindemann
New Contributor III

Hi @jez, if the port is up and you are seeing ArcSOC.exe in task manager, then I would think a proxy is blocking the requests, if you have a configured proxy just add the https://dns:6443/arcgis URL as an exception. 

Hope it helps

Regards
Henry

0 Kudos
jez
by
New Contributor II

@hlindemannthanks for mentioning ArcSOC -- in fact it's not running in task manager.  I found it in the /bin and tried to run it but it generates an error in the Event Log:

Faulting application name: ArcSOC.exe, version: 13.2.0.49116, time stamp: 0x6520a152
Faulting module name: ArcSOC.exe, version: 13.2.0.49116, time stamp: 0x6520a152
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000001195
Faulting process id: 0x2644

@RanaDasno proxy is configured on this machine.

0 Kudos
RanaDas
New Contributor III

Hi @jez ,

This seems to issue related to directory permissions. Please verify if the service account is having adequate permission in the installation and content directories. 

0 Kudos
jez
by
New Contributor II

@RanaDas 

ArcSOC crashes even if the the service account is in the Administrator group.

Event Log does not indicate any reason for the crash, it's not clear why permissions would be implicated.  The service account was created by Enterprise Builder which completed "successfully".

This seems like quite the rabbit hole for a base deployment.

0 Kudos
hlindemann
New Contributor III

Hi @jez, if the ArcSOC.exe is not running then your installation probably picked up a problem. please make suer that dotnet 6 hosting bundle is installed https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-6.0.26-windows-hosti...

as well as C++ redistributable, then try a re-install also if you are using a domain service account try to switch to a local service account.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
RanaDas
New Contributor III

Hi @jez ,

Could you please check the proxy settings under Internet Options on the system?

If a proxy configuration is present, kindly follow these steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer or any default browser on the system.
  2. Navigate to the "Internet Options" menu.
  3. Under the "Connections" tab, click on "LAN settings."
  4. Check if there is a proxy server configured. If so, please take note of the settings.

Additionally, ensure that the following options are checked:

• "Bypass proxy server for local addresses"
  • Add the following URLs to the proxy bypass list:
    • [URL1]
    • [URL2]
    • localhost

Regards,

Rana

0 Kudos
jez
by
New Contributor II

@RanaDasthank but no proxy is configured on this machine.

0 Kudos