Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 print services not working with secure services

05-15-2023 10:10 AM
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

I upgraded our ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 install to 11.1 last week and ever since then secure services are causing the print service to crash. The error message is "Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task : Failed to create layer from service at <SECURE SERVICE URL HERE>. Failed to execute (Export Web Map)."

This happens with the built in PrintingTools service and with custom print services. If there are no secure services in the map the all of the print services work as expected. Our setup uses short term tokens but they do not seem to be passed from the web map to the print service. I say this because verbose logging recorded "Request user: Anonymouse user, Service: <SERVICE PATH HERE>" when the print service tried to access the secure service.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
5 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Joshua-Young 

Looks like you are hitting a similar bug that others have reported (pls see the link below). Only difference is that you are saying it is crashing for you. Would you mind reach out to Esri Support as soon as possible, and provide your exact steps to help us reproduce this? We'd appreciate that very much.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/arcgis-enterprise-11-1-is-not-printing-fea...

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

I have reached out to Esri Support. I used the wrong term in my initial post. The print services are not crashing where the service has to be restarted. The print services are throwing an error message when trying to print a map with secure services in it.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @Joshua-Young for reaching out and providing clarification

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

I tried clearing the broswer cache again this morning and the custom print service started working for a little while and then it went back to throwing an error about being unable to access the secure services. I cleared the cache again, it started working again for a little while, and then it throws access errors again.

I have not restarted the print service today. I am only clearing the browser cache.

0 Kudos
WoutervanderHulst
New Contributor II

Hi Joshua-Young,

Have you find an solution for the issue, we seem to have the same issue after upgrade to 11.1.

At first the print worked within one browser, but stopped working with 'Request user: Anonymous user, Service'. At that moment I tried it in a other browser and it is still working..

0 Kudos