ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 Data Store: folder pg_xlog keeps increasing 16MB every 5min

04-23-2018 01:05 PM
BrianCoffey2
New Contributor

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 Data Store:  folder pg_xlog keeps increasing 16MB every 5min

(ArcGIS Enterprise Portal, Server and Data Store are all installed on E: drive)

I setup Data Store with a domain account and checked all the folders under E:\arcgisdatastore and E:\ArcGIS\DataStore. The domain account has full control permissions in all folders.  The Data Store service is running as the domain account.  In the postgresql.conf file the archive_command is as follows:  

archive_command = 'E:/ArcGIS/DataStore/framework/etc/scripts/dbcli put-transaction-log "E:/arcgisdatastore/pgdata/%p" "%f" "E:/ArcGIS/DataStore"'

This is the error message I see in the folder E:\arcgisdatastore\logs\machine name\database, see attachment.

How do I fix?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd check the following:

1. Confirm the service account running the ArcGIS Data Store. 

2. Once you have that account running the ADS confirmed, check the folder on the E:\ drive for explicit permissions. It's possible your IT prevents the option to cascade permissions to subfolders. 

3. I'd "reforce" permission on the ADS parent directory (read/write) --> go to advance and chose the option to 'enable parent inheritance' for the permissions. 

The 'Access is Denied' error in the logs seems to be the culprit; ensuring explicit permissions may be a simple fix if that is in fact the issue. 

0 Kudos
BrianCoffey2
New Contributor

Verified the service is running under the appropriate domain account. Forced permissions on folders E:\ArcGIS\DataStore and E:\arcgisdatastore and their subfolders and files.  The recurring logs keep writing 16MB files every 5min.  Attached are pics of the verifications of the actions described above.  At a loss???

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you able to upload (or send directly to me, if you prefer) one of the complete logs? 

0 Kudos
BrianCoffey2
New Contributor

I have attached the last couple of days of logs

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brian,

Did you manage to get the log file issue resolved  ?

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
BrianCoffey2
New Contributor

Also this ArcGIS Enterprise install is on a Windows 2016 Server machine.

0 Kudos