Arcgis Desktop upgrade from 10.2 to 10.5 supported?

07-01-2019 04:53 AM
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Hello,

I recently upgraded my ArcGis Desktop instance from 10.2 to 10.5.1. Ever since I get an error and I can't open Catalog or any other program.

Before the upgrade, everything was fine.

Is this upgrade path supported?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you using a licence manager or stand-alone licence for your installation?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Hi George, stand-alone. Thanks.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I wonder if you need to deauthorize and reauthrize that license. Does it have a "end" date?

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/get-started/administer/authorizing-arcgis-single-use-pro...

You may want to reach out to Tech Support or your Customer Service representative on this. 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

It has an end date. The status is untrusted. I tried all the tricks, including reinstall, but the status won't change.

It does not allow to deauthorize:

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Ok, I think you may need to contact Customer Service on this. They should be able to get you in the correct direction.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Anyone else in the (huge) organization, on a different timezone has this privilege.

If you are kind, some tips and tricks to get over this? I have the installers and the license code.

0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Ok, the only thing that worked was to install ArcGis Desktop to another machine. I tried uninstall, delete folders, alter registers. No success.

Once it is authorized on a server IP/address, it can't be reinstalled at the same address. Or can be, but it is too complicated (thanks Microsoft for this).

0 Kudos