ArcGIS Data Store - Update SDE license fails, "Invalid token" when running updatelicense tool

02-27-2019 07:07 AM
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

The SDE database ArcGIS Data Store has an old server license but will not update.

The Datastore  "updatelicense" Datastore batch command returns "Invalid Token" and the same thing happens on different machines expired licenses.

Thought the license for datastore would update when the server was updated but didn't appear to.Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I want to make sure that I am clear since you use both "SDE" & Data Store in the same question.

If you updating the Data Store license, you must update the ArcGIS Server license first, then run the updatelicense command; ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

How is the SSL certs configured on the Data Store?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Hi George. Didn't know ArcGIS Data Store had a GDB or an sde user until the relational data service died and would not validate in Server.

I guess Data Store uses the SDE license from server to run its own little SDE instance for backups, etc.

SDE user in ArcGIS Data Store

[edit] as far as certs go, didn't have a problem before the license expired, think we're good there.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I am not sure on the licensing part. I think that it gets it license from ArcGIS Server.

I would recommend contacting Esri Technical Support for more guidance on this.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Was about to log a ticket - rebooted the server and let it warm up for 30 minutes and tried the updatelicense.bat file once again and it just worked....

Seems it was holding onto an old token or something, not sure. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

That is possible. I am glad you are up and running.

Waiting till licenses expire always seem to add a new level of weirdness.

--- George T.