ArcGis 10.4.1 - No Layer or Table was initialized

Jump to solution
10-31-2017 01:23 AM
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me overcome a blocking issue I have when I try to publish a map with 'Feature Access' enabled?

I am using an Oracle Database on Linux.

This is only happening when I activate Feature Access:

<Msg time="2017-10-30T14:43:02,811" type="SEVERE" code="8003" source="WAMGIS22/ElectricDistributionNetwork_Updated.MapServer" process="10388" thread="20" methodName="" machine="TEST.COM" user="" elapsed="">Failed to initialize server object 'WAMGIS22/ElectricDistributionNetwork_Updated': 0x80040067: No Layer or Table was initialized. </Msg>
<Msg time="2017-10-30T14:43:02,886" type="SEVERE" code="8274" source="WAMGIS22/ElectricDistributionNetwork_Updated.MapServer" process="7940" thread="102" methodName="" machine="TEST.COM" user="" elapsed="">Failed to construct instance of service 'WAMGIS22/ElectricDistributionNetwork_Updated.MapServer'.  No Layer or Table was initialized.</Msg>
<Msg time="2017-10-30T14:43:03,4" type="SEVERE" code="9003" source="Rest" process="7888" thread="13" methodName="" machine="TEST.COM" user="" elapsed="">Unable to process request. Error handling service request :0x80040067 - No Layer or Table was initialized. in '"esriCarto.GraphicFeatureServer"'</Msg>

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Ok, let's take a step back then.

When you successfully publish a map service, is data being copied up to the GIS Server in the service definition, or is the data remaining 'referenced' in the database?

Essentially, is the Oracle database successfully registered with the GIS Server?

All things equal, I suspect that you're copying data up to the server, and that's why map services can be published. Feature services require data referenced in an EGDB, and unless you have a server managed database/hosting server configured, feature services won't publish.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Does the user defined in your Oracle connection file have SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE rights on the dataset?

0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Hi Randall,

Yes, the user I am using (sde) has full privileges.

I have also tried to publish the map from ArcDesktop, ArcMap or Portal - same problem. I have applied all patches for Server/Portal 10.4.1.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Ok, let's take a step back then.

When you successfully publish a map service, is data being copied up to the GIS Server in the service definition, or is the data remaining 'referenced' in the database?

Essentially, is the Oracle database successfully registered with the GIS Server?

All things equal, I suspect that you're copying data up to the server, and that's why map services can be published. Feature services require data referenced in an EGDB, and unless you have a server managed database/hosting server configured, feature services won't publish.

DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

My database is registered with Gis Server. I have created a server managed connection, otherwise the map was failing during validation.

It is clearly a database side issue, but not sure where the problem is..all looks good.

Any other suggestion/advice would be much appreciated.

--Daniel

0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

All good now.

I have recreated the Managed Database connection and restarted the database machine.

Thank you so much!

User35489
Occasional Contributor III

"Validate All" in the data store and restarting the service fixed the issue for me.

Environment: Oracle 12C, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1

- Cheers

0 Kudos