arcgis-10. 3.1for server services stuck in perpetual stopping state

04-19-2016 03:43 AM
Maneshsharma2
New Contributor

Dear alll

I have services published on the ArcGIS server the machine is having 10GB of RAm , The Serives published are gone to Stopping Mode only, neither i am able to Start or Stop the Services.

The Data base used is postgres 9.2

please help in the same.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Does this happen to all services published to your ArcGIS Server? Furthermore, does the "Stopping" behavior still persist if the ArcGIS Server account is restarted from the Services panel? Restarting this service may help when this scenario arises.

More information about the ArcGIS Server account: The ArcGIS Server account

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This could be a permission issue. Provide Read/Write permission to ArcGIS Account for the Config-store (C:\arcgisserver). Then restart the ArcGIS Server from services panel.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Try to restart the ArcGIS Server service.

0 Kudos
arunepuri1
New Contributor III

We had similar issue in ArcGIS Server 10.2.

Windows admin team done below changes in OS level.

1. TCP chimney
  2. TCP RSS
  3. Open ports from 16383 to 500 or Default.

4  Change DNS servers

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

The proper way to troubleshoot this would be to look a the ArcGIS Server Logs. (In Verbose level if need be)

The stopping COULD be the inability to access/write to the Config-store files.  Where are the config-store files?  on a NAS?  SAN? Local?

One option i would be to STOP ArcGIS Server Windows Service and then restart... this would release the .rlock files not allowing stopping a service. (or the service is actually stopped) but the browser web interface cant get the proper status from ArcGIS Server.

It would NOT be any of these:

1. TCP chimney
  2. TCP RSS
  3. Open ports from 16383 to 500 or Default.

4  Change DNS servers

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

may you can try to set again the arcgis server account from the tool server providing

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
MatthewLofgren
Occasional Contributor

This happened to me when the Committed memory exceeded it's limit. Adding more virtual memory (paging file) to bring the Committed memory below the limit solved it.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos