Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS 10.2.1 security with LDAP on IIS

03-20-2014 05:15 AM
UldisGitendorfs
New Contributor II
Hi!

How to set up arcgis security with LDAP on IIS Web tier???
I got Apache DS as LDAP. I haven't found any direct help with instructions how to set this up.

And that configuration will be used only for OGC services, so I dont think that forms authentication will work.

I hope someone will be able to help me to solve this.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
If using web tier, need to install web adaptor.

See also http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//0154000005qz000000
0 Kudos
UldisGitendorfs
New Contributor II
As far I understand there are no real possibilities to set up Arcgis 10.2.1 authentication with LDAP and IIS as webadapptor. So I installed Tomcat and set it up as webadapptor, but what to do with LDAP.

Are there any normal HELPs on the web how to set ArcGIS 10.2.1 security with LDAP and web adaptor???

Why all that is made so difficult???
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
It works with IIS, sure you can install Java web adaptor and use Tomcat, but not really needed.  The Help isn't that great -

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//01540000050w000000

What I do is use Jexplorer, that way I can check and make sure entries like Base DN and RDN attribute are accurate. It really is easy to setup
0 Kudos
UldisGitendorfs
New Contributor II
Thanks!

But, how to set up IIS to understand for example OpenLDAP or Apache DS? I've tried a lot of combinations in IIS Authentication configurations, but none of them worked. By the way somewhere in help is a line mentioning, that WEB server should communicate with LDAP, but IIS by default is not. I found that there is a ISAPI filter for IIS6 but in forums is discussed a problem with that ISAPI on 64bit systems.
I already have configured ArcGIS to get users from LDAP (Apache DS), but the problem ir with WebAdapptor.

Any help appreciated!
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
that I don't know but for ArcGIS, then you will need to install Web Adaptor Java - it does work with OpenLDAP
0 Kudos
UldisGitendorfs
New Contributor II
OK.

There is the main problem, that I'm not able to configure WebAdaptor. I've tried OpenLDAP, Apache DS, Apache Tomcat and IIS. With no results.

I just cannot find any info about how to configure WebAdaptor to use Authentication from LDAP. The only help is about using Windows Authentication that uses Windows AD. I tried that too, and with success, but there were licensing problems, so that was no for me.

All that authentication I need for OGC services only.
0 Kudos
UldisGitendorfs
New Contributor II
Problem solved.

Few things about it.
1) As web adaptor I use Tomcat.
2) in context.xml there was a mistake in realm configuration parameter
3) if using LDAP authentication for OGC services you should take users and groups from LDAP not only users as I did on the beginning
4) very carefully configure LDAP users and groups

Thanks for them who shared their time to respond to my questions.
0 Kudos
Santhosh_KumarRamanathan
New Contributor

Hi,

Can u share the steps please.I am struggling to configure Tomcat  with LDAP with web adapator open map service from Web Tier authentication ,LDAP from my institution.

0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Cool, thanks for the info!
0 Kudos