ArcGIS 10.1 Prerelease Web Adaptor

05-31-2012 07:50 AM
PhilipGalea
New Contributor II
Hi,

I'm having real problems trying to get ArcGIS 10.1 prerelease to authenticate users at the web tier.   I've tired virtually every combination of different settings and I cannot get the web tier authentication to work.

I've configured ArcGIS server 10.1 to use Windows domain for Users, ArcGIS builtin Account and to Authenticate at the web tier.
I've installed the IIS WebAdaptor and configured it with the same preshare key etc.
I've enabled Windows Authentication on the arcgis app in IIS, however the server is still challenging the user for credentials with a dialog box.  When I enter the credentials it returns a HTTP status code of 498.0

The only way I've had the web adaptor working if only when I authenticate at the GIS Server (and thats been via the different user stores ArcGIS user, LDAP & windows). 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using Windows Server 20008 R2 (IIS 7.5).  The app pool of the webadaptor is in integrated mode.

Thanks,

Philip
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhilipGalea
New Contributor II
Transpires this was a known bug in 10.1 prerelease when the adaptor is installed on the same machine as the server.

Moving the adaptor to another server it just works (in IIS).
0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III
Has this bug been squished in the 10.1 production release? Thanks.
0 Kudos
SusanReese
New Contributor
Just installed 10.1 with the web adapter on the same machine.  My services can be seen on the outside in Flexviewers however the search widgets don't seem to work and the service cannot be seen internally using the webadapter or :6080 or localhost.  When I try the flexviewer as localhost the app shows up but know services.I must have something messed up it seems the server does not go throught the webadapter to get too the widgets.  I am at a loss on how to get these apps working on the network and outside.  Anyone else having this issue.   Here is a link to one of the Flexviewers:

http://www.unionco.org/unionbase
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
...My services can be seen on the outside in Flexviewers however the search widgets don't seem to work and the service cannot be seen internally using the webadapter or :6080 or localhost.  When I try the flexviewer as localhost the app shows up but know services.I must have something messed up it seems the server does not go throught the webadapter to get too the widgets.  I am at a loss on how to get these apps working on the network and outside.[/url]

Hi Susan, the application seem to work fine from here.  And it looks like both your main config.xml as well as the search widget.xml points to the web adapter (i.e. no :6080 in the url) for both widget and data.  Are you still having problems viewing it internally (while it works fine externally)?

What kind of error are you getting?

Did you try on a different machine or different web browser (to make sure it wasn't a browser caching issue while you were testing)?

Can your internal users who have the problem with the search widget access the service directory for that data - http://www.unionco.org/unioncomaps/rest/services/Union/UnionLandRecords/MapServer/1 ?

FYI - I noticed you were using version 2.3 of the Flex Viewer.  While in this case I don't think it matters, you might still be interested in updating your flex viewer application to 3.0 - http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/06/25/arcgis-3-0-for-flex-released/.
0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor
Hi Susan,
You mention,
"....When I try the flexviewer as localhost the app shows up but know services.I must have something messed up it seems the server does not go throught the webadapter to get too the widgets..."

Are you receiving any errors when running this app? You state you can see the actual application but no services. What happens when you run this through a web debugger? Any messages when trying to access the services internally? I know you mentioned it appears to only occur when you try to access it from within your network is that correct?

Are you able to take any of the samples and replace the service URL to your own? Do they work then? I know, a lot of questions and testing, but it can help narrow down where the problem may be stemming from.

Thanks,
0 Kudos