ArcEnterprise 10.7 Publish to Stand-alone Server

03-26-2019 01:30 PM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi all -  I keep reading in the 'Publishing' section of the 

What's new in ArcGIS Server 10.7

That:

"In 10.7, you can now publish services directly from ArcGIS Pro to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server site using ArcPy"

My question is - does this apply to federated sites?  Obviously federated isn't strictly 'stand-alone' but I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly - 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

You can publish to federated servers only, this new capability is for stand-alone servers (non-federated). 

Here's a little blurb from a long running thread 

As we are finalizing ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7, we are unfortunately falling a bit short of our original goals for the features related to publishing from Pro to a standalone ArcGIS Server.

With ArcGIS Pro 2.3, it will be possible to publish map services (and related capabilities like feature services) to a standalone ArcGIS Server. Publishing will be via Python scripting only, i.e. via arcpy-based scripts.

This is not everything that was originally planned and we will continue to add additional functionality in future releases of ArcGIS Pro.

For ArcGIS Pro 2.4, due later in 2019, we plan to have a full publishing user experience within ArcGIS Pro in addition to the scripting-based experience being introduced in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 here in January. After Pro 2.3, we also plan on adding support for publishing other service types beyond map services including image services, geoprocessing services, and more.

from : https://community.esri.com/ideas/12258-arcgis-pro-publish-services-to-arcgis-server?messageTarget=al...

In Pro if you want to publish to multiple federated servers that are federated to different Portals you switch the "Active Portal" and publish. 

Hope this helps!

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes it does Bill thanks for the reply... I've got some testing to do...

0 Kudos