ArcEnterprise 10.6.1 Hosted Feature Layer View Won't Display on Print

Jump to solution
11-13-2018 08:36 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - 

I have a view created from a hosted feature layer in ArcEnterprise 10.6.1.  The view is symbolized with an Arcade Expression.  It draws and queries fine in a Web Application Builder 2.8-2.10 deployed app.  However, when using portal's 10.6.1 default print service, the hosted feature layer view will not display on the print out.  The legend does display.  The labels display.  But the layer itself does not appear on the various layouts regardless of printout type (pdf, jpg, etc).

Has anyone experienced this behavior? 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply Tanu - actually the cause happened to be in my arcade.  I was using a copy of my Arcade expression from ArcGIS Pro where I am setting a var for a field:

var zoning = $feature.ZoningCode, where ZoningCode is the alias.

But as a hosted feature layer, that becomes $feature.zoningcode.  I discovered this from the ArcGIS Monitor:

The submitted field 'ZoningCode' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'CountyZoningView'

Could not figure out what was throwing this error as the view layers were drawing and querying just fine, but I think on the print tasks' POST request the field name letter case matters.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

can you pls check the request that goes out to the print service? and if possible attach that here.

thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply Tanu - actually the cause happened to be in my arcade.  I was using a copy of my Arcade expression from ArcGIS Pro where I am setting a var for a field:

var zoning = $feature.ZoningCode, where ZoningCode is the alias.

But as a hosted feature layer, that becomes $feature.zoningcode.  I discovered this from the ArcGIS Monitor:

The submitted field 'ZoningCode' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'CountyZoningView'

Could not figure out what was throwing this error as the view layers were drawing and querying just fine, but I think on the print tasks' POST request the field name letter case matters.