Anyone know why there are two GetFeatureInfo requests made to wms service?

Jump to solution
09-17-2014 01:33 PM
JasonStradtner
New Contributor II

We wrote a proxy for wms service and we're seeing two requests being made for GetFeatureInfo. This only happens for this particular request and only from ArcMap/ArcCatalog. Anyone run into this before or know why it would be happening? Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonStradtner
New Contributor II

I reported this issue to ESRI and it was promoted to a bug: BUG-000082383 : ArcGIS for Desktop generates a duplicate GetFeatureInfo request from a WMS Service.

Apparently this happens with any wms service. Two requests are made. One from a Mozilla client and the second from ArcGIS. We tested with 10.2.1 and I'm not sure what versions ESRI tested or which versions this issue affects.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JasonStradtner
New Contributor II

I reported this issue to ESRI and it was promoted to a bug: BUG-000082383 : ArcGIS for Desktop generates a duplicate GetFeatureInfo request from a WMS Service.

Apparently this happens with any wms service. Two requests are made. One from a Mozilla client and the second from ArcGIS. We tested with 10.2.1 and I'm not sure what versions ESRI tested or which versions this issue affects.

0 Kudos