Any Visio templates for ArcGIS server system design?

09-06-2012 09:23 AM
YimeiWang1
New Contributor
I need to draw a diagram to plan our ArcGIS server enviroment. I am wondering if there is any visio templates I could use. Thanks
0 Kudos
9 Replies
KenBurcham
Occasional Contributor
There are a number of templates I found here:

http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/datamodel

best wishes!

ken.
0 Kudos
BenjaminVanzino
New Contributor II
So the answer is no after looking for quite some time.

No visio shapes seem to be availabe that the help and design documentation are provided with.
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you open one of the Data Model PDFs listed at the bottom, there are links there

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Which one did you open?  Most of them I looked at don't have the Design Templates links, or at least the links to Visio templates.

The overall problem with the Data Models is that they are just that, data models.  The OP wants templates/shapes for system or IT models.

0 Kudos
JohnLore
New Contributor
Take a look at Ken's link, I have found many in there.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I used the attached stencil that I created for the images in this help article.  Maybe they'll serve as a start.

AbhijitSarkar2
Esri Contributor

Thank you Jonathan Quinn

0 Kudos
MatthewLawson1
New Contributor II

I found an icon set for contemporary slideshows (2019) on a Google Drive Folder.  Looks like Esri but provenance is not clear.

I also found a repository of SVG icons.

I prefer the old icons Esri used, but those are not turning up.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Matthew, the Icons8 site is interesting, I hadn't seen those GIS icons before.  In fact, I am slightly surprised a generic graphic design site has a "GIS" section.

Regarding the Google Drive folder contents, they are from Esri although Esri didn't post them.  Another GeoNet member in https://community.esri.com/message/689802-arcgis-icon-library-for-architecture mentions they came from an Esri distributor.

0 Kudos