Select to view content in your preferred language

"Sign In: Please Sign in to access" pop up in Map Viewer

10-11-2012 09:23 AM
TimHayes
Regular Contributor
Our GIS Server, which runs Windows 2008, was updated with Microsoft's automatic updates yesterday. Now when I attempt to access my Map Services (Flex Viewer) a box pops up in the Flex Viewer that prompts me to Sign In, with the layer name, server name, and then I must enter a username and password. It was never like this before. I cannot have my users enter a username and password for all 30 layers in the viewer. Any ideas on what is wrong?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
I have spent a good part of the last two weeks working on this with Esri, and they have determined that there is a bug with tokens in both 10.1 and 10.2.  The bug is NIM095382. The bottom line  for me is that tokens don't last for longer then 48 hours regardless of how long you request they be made.  So embedding a token in a viewer doesn't work if it is older then 48 hours.

They have recommend that people ask ESRI to elevate it by doing the following:
(1)   Log into the My Support web page, go to the link http://support.esri.com
(2)   Select the My Support link.
(3)   Click on the Bugs tab and select the related NIM (eg NIM095382)
(4)   Click on the Action:  Request to escalate bug
(5)   You will be provided a screen prompting you to provide a "Detailed Business Justification:"
(6)   Fill out the justification and click SUBMIT.

I am not sure if only I can do  the above elevation or if everyone can. 

In the mean time we are thinking about ways to automate token generation.  One side benefit of this problem is that we wrote some rest end point monitoring software that ping the rest end point and the token hourly so we can track when tokens expire.

Let me know if that helps or if we can be of assitance,
0 Kudos
DanielJohns
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, requested that the support ticket be added to mine so I can also escalate it.

We had some updates roll out last night and when the server rebooted it set all of my services to private and that's what prompted the login screen when accesing the Flex website.

0 Kudos