AGOL Collaboration fails to distribute content, but says it succeeded

Jump to solution
03-07-2022 10:44 AM
RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

Ok, so I am properly stumped... I have set up a collaboration between my Org AGOL account, and Enterprise Portal. I am attempting to bring all content shared with my AGOL collab group over, but 1 Item never comes over. The sync says it succeeded, and no errors are displayed anywhere, but I am always missing the 1 item. Everything else works perfectly... What am I missing?

Note: Item is very large (9GB) and has a ton of attachments. 

AGOL_Collab_Group.png

Portal_Collab_Group.png

  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Is this AGOL to portal one way sync?

I believe there is a max limit of 1GB on the data to be copied.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Is this AGOL to portal one way sync?

I believe there is a max limit of 1GB on the data to be copied.

Royce_Simpson
New Contributor III

After setting up one-way dist collab (DC) between my Enterprise system and our AGOL site, I was able to get one test layer to sync but the second, larger one, failed.  I couldn't find any helpful messages, just a "1 of 2 failed" message on the guest DC settings page.  I believe that I am running into this 1 gig limit.  Is there any way to know that for sure?  Any more detailed messages that I can look at?  Also, is there any way to remove that limit? It's going to make our attempt to use DC dead in the water.  Much thanks for any response.  If there isn't a way to get around the 1 gig limit, who might I be able to talk to figure out why this is in place and what can be done in the future to override it?

x (x)

RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

Yes, I found this information after posting. Thank you for your reply. I believe this to be the issue as well. As a suggestions, I feel this should be more prominently displayed as a limitation for Collaborations. 

alex_friant
Occasional Contributor II

Another limitation people can run into, but it isn't very obvious, is field name length. Most DBMS have a 31 character limit to field/column names, but ArcGIS Online (AGOL) allows you to name fields higher than 31 characters. What we noticed is that if your AGOL item has a field name 32 characters long or higher, the sync/replication will fail, but it won't tell you why. These long names in our situation were coming from how Survey123 authoring can use a survey question as the field name (ie. "how_many_times_have_you_seen_garbage"). We will fix this moving forward, but it's a reality we encountered.

It would be super helpful if somehwere in the Distributed Collaboration (DC) stack the backend programming would at least check the field name lengths in AGOL before attempting to do the sync and notify the Portal administrator in the "Failed" message that X item in AGOL failed because it has field names that are longer than 31 characters.