AG Server Application in 9.3, creation in Server 10.3?

Jump to solution
06-12-2015 08:14 AM
RobinMcNeely
New Contributor II

I have been running Server 9.3.1 with many services and a few applications using those services for our clients. I modified the applications a bit so the client web pages would look somewhat customized. Now that I am upgrading to 10.3 I need to create those web pages for the clients again but don't see the application creation tab/menu item in the Server Manager interface. Is there a new process in 10.3 for creating the application/web page? I see Portal mentioned in some Help items but it never explicitly says that is the new way to create web pages in 10.3. Can someone point me to the steps to create Server applications in 10.3 and/or let me know if Portal is the new way of doing that process?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robin,

The web-application module in ArcGIS Server is no longer available from ArcGIS 10.1 onwards. If you are upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3 for Server, you would be eligible for Portal for ArcGIS (subscription based), where you can create web-applications with ease. It also gives you multiple templates to choose from. Also you can do a bit of customization using webapp builder, which is integrated with Portal.

Contact your local Esri distributor to avail the Portal for ArcGIS and to know its licensing policy.

Apart from Portal for ArcGIS, you can also create your application using ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight or ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robin,

The web-application module in ArcGIS Server is no longer available from ArcGIS 10.1 onwards. If you are upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3 for Server, you would be eligible for Portal for ArcGIS (subscription based), where you can create web-applications with ease. It also gives you multiple templates to choose from. Also you can do a bit of customization using webapp builder, which is integrated with Portal.

Contact your local Esri distributor to avail the Portal for ArcGIS and to know its licensing policy.

Apart from Portal for ArcGIS, you can also create your application using ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight or ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.

Think Location
RobinMcNeely
New Contributor II

Thank you very much and for being so quick to answer. That is exactly what I need to know.

0 Kudos