After Upgrading to 10.2, unable to start services

08-08-2013 04:36 AM
DominikSchlarmann
Deactivated User
Hello,
I've recently upgraded my ArcGIS 10.1 Server (which worked without problems) to 10.2. After solving the installation error 1935 ( http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/37477) the installation of 10.2 was successful. Logging in to ArcGIs Server Manager -> No problem.
But I can't start my existing services. The status of all services is "Shutting dows" (sorry...I don't know the exact term, because I use a German version).
By clicking on the stop button, I can stop the service.
By clicking on the play button, there is just the progress bar for a long time and then the error message: Server machine '<<<servername>>>' is currently being configured by another administrative operation. Please try again later.'

The protocol gives me the following messages. Here are just the relevant ones. Seems like, the server doesn't find the services + a wrong configuration.

Message: Failed to stop one or more services: [DGK5_MS.MapServer]. Could not undeploy services from one or more machines. 'Server machine '<<<servername>>>' is currently being configured by another administrative operation. Please try again later.'. Source: Admin  Code: 6572

Message: Failed to start the server machine '<<<servername>>>'. Could not start application server within stipulated time. Source: Admin Code: 6550

Message:    Service 'DGK5_MS.MapServer' not found. Check if the service exists and is started. Source: Soap Code:9503

Would be nice, to get some suggestions.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JesseHopkins
Regular Contributor
I am having nearly the exact same problem with not being able to publish services. The "Service failed to start" error occurs, however, when I try to publish a service (and it ultimately fails), all services begin a restart process.  This involves stopping services in each folder one-by-one.  Has anyone else had this particular problem? 

Thanks,

Jesse Hopkins
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: kyle969

Try rebuilding the service with 10.2, that worked for me.
0 Kudos
HeatherEisan1
Deactivated User
I found if I granted arcgis server (server administrator) to my enterprise geodatabase the issue went away.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: katarinak

I found that going to the ArcGIS Server admin site and changing the url of the machine by removing the 6443 port solved this problem for me.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
MarkChilcott
Frequent Contributor

Hi Peoples,

For what it is worth, when we attempted to upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2, it went badly.

Badly to the point of restore from backup. 

It looks like we will do a clean install, then rebuild the site.

Beware the even number release - odd ones always seem better.  Bring on 10.3

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos