After upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1 the Modified Dates are getting reset to the original creation date for all user content.

Jump to solution
01-08-2021 07:40 AM
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

After upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1 the Modified Dates are getting reset to the original creation date for all user content. 

We have multiple environments and I have attempted upgrading the development and test environments. In both instances encountered the same issue. 

I have found a very similar issue logged as a BUG-000112885

As per the bug report, the issue was with modified dates getting set to the upgrade date. Also the specific issue was fixed at version 10.6.1

In my case the update/modified dates are getting rest to the item creation date. 

Prior to running the upgrade I have installed all the available patches. 

Would appreciate some help resolving the issue or any workarounds to update the modified dates.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

Just learned from ESRI support that this is a known issue. 

BUG-000136026 Portal for ArcGIS resets the 'Updated:' dates of items to the 'Created:' dates upon upgrading to a new version. This was logged a few weeks back.

I was wondering if there is any workaround to deal with this issue. Don't think the ArcGIS Python API item modified property is settable! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

Just learned from ESRI support that this is a known issue. 

BUG-000136026 Portal for ArcGIS resets the 'Updated:' dates of items to the 'Created:' dates upon upgrading to a new version. This was logged a few weeks back.

I was wondering if there is any workaround to deal with this issue. Don't think the ArcGIS Python API item modified property is settable! 

0 Kudos
JeffTimm
Occasional Contributor

Sudhir we ran into that as well.  Don't think there is anything you can do about it other than update your metadata.

0 Kudos
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the confirmation Jeff. We don't have any workflows that utilize the item update dates. So, not a major issue, but these quirks are annoying!

0 Kudos