After installing ArcGIS for server many components are missing: no manager, no authorization wizard, etc.

05-26-2020 01:25 AM
HedyehMobahi
New Contributor II

I have installed ArcGIS for server on a CentOs (Redhat like) machine by running Setup file inside ArcGISServer folder. I didn't feed the authorization file as I didn't have it yet. After installation has been complete there was no folder called tool which should contain the authorization wizard. Also I cannot access the manager (there is no folder with this name either). Basically nothing works! Am I missing something? Should I have installed anything before installing ArcGIS for Server? 

I appreciate your help. I am installing silently on a single machine.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hedyeh,

Please check that your OS, "CentOs (Redhat like) machine" meets the system requirements:

ArcGIS Enterprise system requirements—ArcGIS Enterprise system requirements | Documentation for ArcG... 

Also note the Linux system requirements,

Operating system limitations - Linux—System Requirements | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

HedyehMobahi
New Contributor II

Thanks Derek. The system meets the requirements and I have installed all the required and recommended packages but I am still getting errors. Below is what happens when I run "./Setup -m silent -l Yes" from ArcGISServer folder

Starting installation of ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Server...
[ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Server Setup Error]
...ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Server silent installation encountered some errors or warnings. [Exit Code: 1]

Please check these log files for more information:
$HOME/ArcGISServer_InstallLog.log
/tmp/ArcGISServerSilent.log

The second log doesn't even exist! And the first one has:

Installation: Successful with errors.

4301 Successes
0 Warnings
10 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

And the errors are:

Execute Script/Batch file: Set Version Variables
Additional Notes: ERROR - Error while attempting to execute the installation script

Execute Script/Batch file: Set Multiple Variables (for detecting LicenseManager 10.0)
Additional Notes: ERROR - Error while attempting to execute the installation script

Execute Script/Batch file: Detect Existing Server Conflict

( *** I have used the "uninstall" wizard to uninstall the existing installation but still getting this!)

Execute Script/Batch file: Build Number

Execute Script/Batch file: Unpack ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Server files...

Modify Text File - Single File: /home/user/arcgis/server/framework/etc/arcenv
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

Execute Script/Batch file: Set tbx files read only

Execute Script/Batch file: Get Install Date

Execute Script/Batch file: Remove Group and Other Permissions

Modify Text File - Single File: /home/user/arcgis/server/framework/etc/arcenv
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hedyeh,

FYI, you may want to consider upgrading your ArcGIS Enterprise software as 10.4.1 is currently in mature support.

Esri Support ArcGIS Server 10.4 (10.4.1) 

I don't have much practical experience installing ArcGIS Enterprise on Linux. Please contact esri Tech Support to investigate your issue further.

Esri Support Contact Support 

GriffinMorgan1
Esri Contributor
HedyehMobahi
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Griffin! I didn't notice the version incompatibility! And thanks Derek for pointing me to the right direction. An upgraded version might solve the issue. Now the problem is how to upgrade 10.4 when I can't install it! 🙂  

0 Kudos