Address locator - Problems with a combination of address styles

04-20-2017 10:10 PM
ElenaShibanova
New Contributor

Dear Community,

i have a feature layer where each point represents the centre of a building (house coordinates). Within the attribute table i have further information regarding the exact adress of each point:

OIDAddressStreetNameStreetTypeHouseNumberDistrictName
District 1, Ln. Cherry, 1Cherry Ln.1District 1

Thus the address in my case is composed of a sequence: DistrictName, StreetType, StreetName, HouseNumber.

First question: 

If I want to have 4 <inputs> parameters (Address, FullStreet, HouseNumber, District) with the ability to filter on each of the parameters - should I build a composite geocoder in this case?

Like here:

Locators/ESRI_Geocode_USA (GeocodeServer) 

when choosing City, ZIP, State - i get the candidates.

Second question: 

If the above geocoding service is published based on a composite locator, how do you determine which styles are used for each particular variant? Since I could not find the address locator style for finding candidates by HouseNumber and by District, does this mean that it's more logical to develop my own address style?

I am using ArcMap 10.3.1. 

Thanks in advice,

Helen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Elena,

We have same set of data and we have merges all attributes in a single files and created locater using on combined field.

After that its working and accessible.

ElenaShibanova
New Contributor

Hello Avinash Kumar Patel,

thanks for the advice.

Do you combine all address fields, including the Address itself?

Could you please tell me with such a combination of all the attributes of what address style do you use?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Elena

I have used General—Single Field address locator style

Commonly used address locator styles—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Please do not merge same attribute values if address it self have all details then use address filed.

In your case better to use direct address attribute in your locator.

let me know for more queries!