Add LocateXT extension to ArcGIS Image or Notebook Server?

Jump to solution
01-03-2021 10:11 AM
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Hi all, 

Can I add the LocateXT extension to a ArcGIS Image or Notebook Server?

Or is this a Standard/Advanced GIS server extension only?

I can find the ArcGIS Pro dokumentation but where is the Server information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Thomas,

I couldn't find any explicit licensing information regarding the LocateXT extension for ArcGIS server, but I think we can infer that it does indeed require either the GIS Server Advanced or GIS Server Standard server role.

In order to use the LocateXT tools in ArcGIS Server, you need to publish a geoprocessing service. Instructions are here: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022647

Then, cross-referencing this information with the ArcGIS Enterprise Functionality Matrix, we can see that in order to publish/run geoprocessing services, we need the GIS Server Advanced or GIS Server Standard licensing roles. 

Hope this helps!

-Calvin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Thomas,

I couldn't find any explicit licensing information regarding the LocateXT extension for ArcGIS server, but I think we can infer that it does indeed require either the GIS Server Advanced or GIS Server Standard server role.

In order to use the LocateXT tools in ArcGIS Server, you need to publish a geoprocessing service. Instructions are here: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022647

Then, cross-referencing this information with the ArcGIS Enterprise Functionality Matrix, we can see that in order to publish/run geoprocessing services, we need the GIS Server Advanced or GIS Server Standard licensing roles. 

Hope this helps!

-Calvin

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Thanks CalvinLietz

Can I assume the same features and syntax as documented under Extract Locations From Text or where to locate this information for the Server tools?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, all functionality available in the desktop version of the extension should be translated to ArcGIS Enterprise when you publish the tools as a geoprocessing service.