Accessing Enterprise Sites from the Portal Home Page issue

Jump to solution
04-05-2021 01:39 PM
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

Im working with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.  I have created 5 Enterpsrise Sites over the last 6 or so months.  These sites are contained in a Portal Group called "Enterprise Sites".   This groups is being used as the Feature Content Group, so all of the Icons are list on the Portal Home page. 

3 of these Enterprise Sites can be clicked on and the result is the Site itself. The other 2, result in the Details page being returned.  In the Contents page, I have a folder called Sites and it contains all 5 Sites Applications as well as 3 Mapping Applications.  The mapping applications, when viewed, resolve to the correct Enterprise Site.  The other 2 do not have a associated web map application.  

I have been looking for differences in the 3 sites that have associated web mapping applications and the 2 that do not and can not find any.  So I am wondering is someone might have an idea on how to create a web mapping application from a Site Application.  Bottom line is that I would like to present the Enterprise Sites on the portal home page in the featured content and have the icons present link to the Site Application and not the the details page.

If interested, here is the link to the PORTAL I am working on:  https://wa.lrcog.org/portal/home

I have also added a screenshot of my Sites folder in the Content page on the Portal site.

Thanks in advance.  James

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

ok,  as usual I was thinking too much about this and could not see the answer.  If case anyone else needs the answer, here it is.   With the URL to the Site page, add content as an application using the Site URL.  Pretty simple really.

James

View solution in original post

1 Reply
James_Armstrong
Occasional Contributor

ok,  as usual I was thinking too much about this and could not see the answer.  If case anyone else needs the answer, here it is.   With the URL to the Site page, add content as an application using the Site URL.  Pretty simple really.

James