10.9.1 Upgrade - Enterprise Create List Not working

Jump to solution
12-07-2021 01:12 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Create List does not work since our upgrade to 10.9.1. I contacted ESRI and support went thru our logs and index, he indicated everything was good.  

I go to item details, data, fields, then try to create list. I get an error.  

Create List.PNGDomain Error.PNG

Is there a step I am forgetting?  Thank you for you help, Annette

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I am sorry I forgot to update and show how I fixed this.  We found if you edit and identify and Field Value Type then the create list works.  Before 10.9.1 we didn't have to do it, but now it appears you must in order for other functions to work.

AnnettePoole1_0-1643997912305.png

AnnettePoole1_1-1643998005444.png

Annette

View solution in original post

12 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Did you try re-indexing the portal items yet?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User  I am experiencing the same issue, same error message at the same 10.9.1 release.

@JakeSkinner 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@DavidColey @Anonymous User 

This appears to be a bug.  I was able to reproduce with a fresh install of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.  Was the tech support analyst able to reproduce?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I have not logged a tech support case

0 Kudos
AdamMiller4
New Contributor III

I'm also experiencing the same issue on 10.9.1, with an empty feature layer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I am sorry I forgot to update and show how I fixed this.  We found if you edit and identify and Field Value Type then the create list works.  Before 10.9.1 we didn't have to do it, but now it appears you must in order for other functions to work.

AnnettePoole1_0-1643997912305.png

AnnettePoole1_1-1643998005444.png

Annette

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User , Yes, I could go into the Fields setting, click "Edit" for Field Value Type, set it to "None", and then I was able to update my List of Values (Domain) . . . thanks for that.

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @DavidColey Did setting the Field Value Type to "None" allow you to edit an existing domain? I'm unable to edit any domains that existed prior to our upgrade from10.8.1 to 10.9.1... only add new ones by doing this.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Honestly @BrittanyBurson I don't recall.  I'm at 11.1 now and whenever I go in to edit an existing list on a hosted feature layer I update both the Description to something and the Field Value to something that describes the type.

0 Kudos