10.8 Portal Doesn't Update "Last Login"

04-13-2020 06:19 AM
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone else having this issue with 10.8? Looks like the "Last Login" date for all members hasn't been updated since we upgraded from 10.7 to 10.8.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MargaretJen
Esri Contributor

There is a bug logged for this behavior: BUG-000129529 Portal home application does not update the last login time for all portal users.

0 Kudos
LaurensGIS
New Contributor III

Could you provide a link to the bug? 
I expected to find it here: https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=000129529&content-type=Bugs, but i get no results. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EllenLester
New Contributor III

Is upgrading to 10.8.1 the only way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

Did anyone get a resolution or more info from ESRI on this one?  I have portal 10.8.1 and have this issue.  Some new users are showing up as "never logged in" even though they are using the portal.  Existing users are not having their login date updated even though they are using the portal.  There may be some browser specific things going on - our default browser is Edge, and it appears users who click on a link or a portal map / app in an email are not getting the login date updated, whereas those who use Chrome are.

If I go into a user's profile and change something - eg: their units of measure or language settings it updates to what I believe to be their actual last login date, so it appears  the info is being provided to ArcGIS Portal, it is just not updating in the last login info.  

I am using python to gather usage info from Portal, and the last login info I am getting from the portal via python is also not up to date, so it doesn't appear to be just a user interface issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

I have a similar bug in my 10.8.1 after upgrade from 10.7.1, when users sign in using ArcGIS Sites tool, Portal does not update last login date. This functionality is very important to us.

0 Kudos
Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

I have had confirmed from ESRI support that this is BUG-000129529.  Previously this bug applied to 10.7.1 and was flagged as fixed in 10.8.x.  ESRI now acknowledges this applies to 10.8.1 and was not fixed.

"Your issue has been identified as BUG-000129529. Please rest assured, that whilst the support ticket is deemed to be ‘closed’,  I have linked your organisation to this bug which you can track through My Esri (https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/BUG-000129529)."

0 Kudos
Map2021
New Contributor III

I just upgraded Portal to 10.9 from 10.8 and I can confirm that this BUG is still happening. In my case my logins dates have not been working since upgrading to 10.8. Now with 10.9 it appears that it logged the date I upgraded and every first log in from there but now it doesn't update. The only new logins I see are brand new users logging in for the first time.

0 Kudos
AndrewRitchie_CoL
New Contributor III

Also seeing _some_ last login dates not updating on 10.9. I'm not sure when the previous login date is from. At a quick glance, regular user accounts are updating, but a couple who hadn't logged in for a while aren't updating. 

This is using AzureAD SAML authentication

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

There is a new patch for this defect for 10.8.1: Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Update Member Last Login Patch

Important Note: Portal for ArcGIS Security 2021 Update 1 Patch is a required patch and must first be installed before this patch can be installed.

It should be fixed in 10.9.1, not sure if there will be a patch for 10.9

--- George T.
0 Kudos