10.6.1 New Install - Error The server was unable to access the URL

Jump to solution
09-27-2018 06:09 PM
JosephDillard
New Contributor II

"The server was unable to access the URL 'https://geocmtdev001:6443/arcgis/services'. Please check your firewall and security settings. For more information, see the ArcGIS Server help topic Ports used by ArcGIS Server. You can access this topic in the table of contents by navigating to Administering ArcGIS Server > Securing your ArcGIS Server site > Configuring a secure environment for ArcGIS Server."

Getting the error above on a Windows 2012r2 VM, that previously ran 10.3.1 with no issues. VM is for development, not on a domain. However I also have two VMs in production that when testing 10.6.1 have the same issue. 

I have double checked permissions on all folders, opened up ports and gave the exe's permission through the firewall.

Any ideas?

Error Screenshot

11 Replies
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for this Joe.  Just ran into it today out here, but not for a new site setup.  Existing services within an existing server instance that ran fine previously (e.g. PublishingTools) were failing to start, giving this same error.  Changing the TLS settings for the account running the ArcGIS Server service was the solution.

0 Kudos
GrandLyon
New Contributor II

For me, TLS 1.0 was disable in IE for the user running Arcgis server.

I've added TLS 1.0 and site was successfully created.

Thank you

Nicolas ROLLAND
0 Kudos