1 Portal of ArcGIS with two ArcGIS GIS server

Jump to solution
04-22-2022 09:26 PM
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

Hello all,

Can 1 portal for ArcGIS have two ArcGIS GIS Server (two separate ArcGIS Server Account)?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

You may need to expand on this.  The answer, I feel, is yes.  You can have separate sites for different functions, as in one dedicated for hosted services and another for general mapping.  Read this:

ArcGIS Enterprise server roles—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Also you can have two servers in one site, to give you high-availability:

Deployment scenarios for a highly available ArcGIS Enterprise—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ...

It depends why you want two ArcGIS Servers?

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/

View solution in original post

DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Yes you can; you can only have one as your "Hosting Server" role; but you can federate more than one supporting different functions.

I have 1 as my hosting, then another as my workflow-manager; which also is used for servicing my batch-applications for bulk data processing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

You may need to expand on this.  The answer, I feel, is yes.  You can have separate sites for different functions, as in one dedicated for hosted services and another for general mapping.  Read this:

ArcGIS Enterprise server roles—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Also you can have two servers in one site, to give you high-availability:

Deployment scenarios for a highly available ArcGIS Enterprise—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ...

It depends why you want two ArcGIS Servers?

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Yes you can; you can only have one as your "Hosting Server" role; but you can federate more than one supporting different functions.

I have 1 as my hosting, then another as my workflow-manager; which also is used for servicing my batch-applications for bulk data processing.

0 Kudos