001506: Failed to download the data for the portal item.

04-12-2018 02:50 PM
LakshmananVenkatesan
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to publish hosted feature layer on recently upgraded portal 10.6 (from 10.4) and am getting below error .

I have published both from ArcMap and also portal add item feature. No issue with the data or MXD .

To give you an background, our enterprise stack was upgraded recently - all components were upgraded successfully except data store. Later we have to re-install and install 10.6. Data store is validating fine . But we could not publish hosted layers, normal map service publishing is good.

Checked portal logs, server logs etc .. but no clue. Permissions are intact in all folders (arcgisportal, ArcGIS) etc.

This seems mystery , any pointers would be highly appreciated.

ERROR 001360: Failed to get basic item metadata for service definition upload. ERROR 001362: Failed to extract manifest from uploaded service definition. Failed to execute (PublishServiceDefinition). Failed to execute (Publish Portal Service). Failed.. Job ID: 'j6c6cf4cac93d46048c240ed6fce168ae'

5 Replies
JamesOsundwa
New Contributor III

Hi Lakshmanan Venkatesan‌, did you find a solution to this issue..?

James.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Have you taken a look at the DEBUG logs? Running a browser as the account who is running the ArcGIS Server Windows service, can you reach the Portal through the privatePortalURL property listed in the Admin API > Security > Config page? You should append /sharing/rest to the URL:

Ex.

https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest

JamesOsundwa
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan Quinn‌, I removed the privatePortalURL and that resolved the issue (looking back it didn't include the "/sharing/rest"). Will leave it as-is for now since everything else works.

Thanks,

James.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you remove the property from the Server security configuration settings? I'm surprised things are working, to be honest. The private Portal URL is what Server uses to validate credentials and retrieve uploaded SD files or zip files to extract and publish. If it doesn't have that property, none of the above should work...

0 Kudos
JamesOsundwa
New Contributor III

Yes, just double-checked and both uploading SD and zip files works without privatePortalURL...

0 Kudos