Why can't a User edit their polygon in a hosted feature layer?

11-08-2019 12:54 PM
JaneSkillman
New Contributor II

We have a hosted polygon feature layer on our internal portal site, shared to the organization and to a specific group. The edit settings allow for tracked editing and disconnected editing. Editors should be able to see all features, and add, update, or delete their own features. 

The problem is that no one below Administrator user level can actually update a polygon -- that is -- they can neither reshape nor cut a polygon. According to the Member Roles page in portal, folks with a "User Role" should be able to "edit features in editable layers that are not public, based on the edit options enabled on the layer".  But we're finding that Users can only create polygons, delete polygons, and edit attributes using an online web map application and the Edit Widget. Administrators can reshape and cut polygons using the same tools.

We're at a loss here. Are we doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Eduardo_FranciscoMendoza_de_la
New Contributor II

I have the same problem, at the moment I couldn't solved it, somebody already solved it?

0 Kudos
JaneSkillman
New Contributor II

Hi Eduardo,

We talked to an ESRI representative, and they were able to reproduce the error. It's possible that it's a bug with their 10.7.1 environment. I'm not sure if it's been submitted as a bug yet. 

-Jes

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Jane:

Is this a capability that you used in a previous version of ArcGIS or did you just try performing this task at 10.7.1?

0 Kudos
JaneSkillman
New Contributor II

Yes, it was a capability we used in 6.1.

New Contributor II

Hi Jane,... happy 2020,...sorry about the question but, you was find some kind of solution of this issue?,...thanks on advance
Best regards

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot dude, I really appreciate it, I'm keep in touch with you because I'm trying to deploy it exactly that you did,.... I hope this soon, I'll have a short period of time to deploy it in my office....

Best regards

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Jane, there is something change about this matter?, thanks again, I'm keep in touch¡¡.

Best regards
Eduardo

p.d. Have you an email where I can write you?

0 Kudos
JaneSkillman
New Contributor II

Hi Eduardo,

Yes, actually, we just fixed it on Wednesday, with the help of an ESRI technician. Its seems as though the ArcGIS Online geometry utility service was only shared with the gis admin account on portal. Our ESRI technician logged into portal as the admin user, shared the geometry utility to the entire organization, and that allowed everyone to use the split and merge. 

Best,

Jes

New Contributor II

Hi Jane

Great¡¡¡¡,... awesome,... how he did to share that Geometry Service?,...can you please share some screenshots or something about it?,.....Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it.

Best regards
Eduardo

0 Kudos