Where is the "Create View Layer" option in Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1

Jump to solution
10-30-2019 02:43 PM
RuyMartinez1
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

We have a federated enterprise portal version 10.7.1. 

The portal has a feature layer that was published using ArcPro 2.4.2.  I am on the overview page for the feature layer and I cannot find the "Create View Layer" option.

I have read Create hosted feature layer views and the documentation shows that it should be available in the overview page of the feature layer.

I checked AGO for a feature layer we have and the option is available.  The attachments show the difference I see in Portal vs AGO.

Is there a setting I should check with Portal or did I not configure the feature layer correctly when I published to Portal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ruy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RuyMartinez1
New Contributor

Update,

I noticed something I had overlooked before in the content descriptions for the items in the folder.  There were two types of Feature Layers:  Feature Layer vs Feature Layer (hosted).

A Feature Layer is created when you share "Reference Registered Data".  These items were from a registered database configured from the data store.  This sharing process publishes the Map Image Layer (MIL) and the Feature Layer itself.  So you use can use the MIL for read only maps.

A Feature Layer (hosted) is created when you share "Copy All Data".  These items were from a fgdb that was uploaded to the portal.  This option does not publish a MIL.  You need to go into the overview page for the Feature Layer (hosted) item in Portal for ArcGIS and then the "Create View Layer" option is available.

Hopes this helps someone.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RuyMartinez1
New Contributor

Update,

I noticed something I had overlooked before in the content descriptions for the items in the folder.  There were two types of Feature Layers:  Feature Layer vs Feature Layer (hosted).

A Feature Layer is created when you share "Reference Registered Data".  These items were from a registered database configured from the data store.  This sharing process publishes the Map Image Layer (MIL) and the Feature Layer itself.  So you use can use the MIL for read only maps.

A Feature Layer (hosted) is created when you share "Copy All Data".  These items were from a fgdb that was uploaded to the portal.  This option does not publish a MIL.  You need to go into the overview page for the Feature Layer (hosted) item in Portal for ArcGIS and then the "Create View Layer" option is available.

Hopes this helps someone.