When does the option "store credentials with item" appear?

Jump to solution
07-03-2017 12:01 PM
Stefan_Arndt
Esri Contributor

What is the background reason for the "store credentials with item" option in Portal for ArcGIS? When does is appear and when not?

I would like to use ArcGIS Online Services in my ArcGIS Enterprise (10.5) infrastructure - especially the World traffic service, which is a secured service. No problem, right? So I took the Service URL and added it in my Portal (My Content -> Add item from internet ). Additionally I entered my ArcGIS Online credentials, but I was not able to store credentials in this case. I would like to store the credentials with the item and I thought that it was possible with the option "Store credentials with service item. Do not prompt for authentication". In this case, I don't have the option for storing the credentials and I don't know why. What is the reason, that the store credential option appears sometimes and sometimes not? The background is, that we are using a disconnected environment and we want to use the portal server as proxy for the online traffic service and nobody should need to enter the credentials.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What's happening is that a proxy request is being made from the Portal to the World Traffic service and since you're in a disconnected environment, that request fails.  When it fails, those options don't appear.  The Portal application itself will need access to the World Routing service:

Configure a disconnected deployment—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

There's a section of some of the problems you may encounter when you're in a disconnected environment.  Yours is a similar problem.

You'll likely need to talk to your IT staff about setting up a forward proxy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What's happening is that a proxy request is being made from the Portal to the World Traffic service and since you're in a disconnected environment, that request fails.  When it fails, those options don't appear.  The Portal application itself will need access to the World Routing service:

Configure a disconnected deployment—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

There's a section of some of the problems you may encounter when you're in a disconnected environment.  Yours is a similar problem.

You'll likely need to talk to your IT staff about setting up a forward proxy.

Stefan_Arndt
Esri Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your fast response! You're were right, I did forget to configure the forward proxy.

I do know the steps to configure a disconnected environment and additionally we already gave internet access to the service account who is hosting the portal service, but we forget to add the proxy in portal.

After we added it, the "store credentials" option showed up.

It's not working in the moment, but that seems to be another problem (--> https://community.esri.com/thread/192964-add-agol-service-to-portal-for-acrgis-store-the-cerdentials )

Thank you!

0 Kudos