WebGISDR Reboots the Entire Windows Server

Jump to solution
10-14-2020 09:57 AM
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

When I try to restore my WebGIS DR backup, the program reboots my entire server (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1, Windows Server 2019 version 1809). Why does it reboot my computer?

I turned on Debug level logging and the last few entries in the log file say:

2020-10-14 09:50:31 DEBUG [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-3] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.util.WebGISUtil - The response for the url https://stoutesri2.datacenter.local:6443/arcgis/admin/backupRestoreInfo: {"incrementalBackupTimeStamp":0,"backupMode":"FULL","incrementalRestoreTimeStamp":0,"fullBackupTimeStamp":1599906696446,"fullRestoreTimeStamp":1599906696446}
2020-10-14 09:50:31 ERROR [main] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController - Failed to validate the current Web GIS.
com.esri.arcgis.webgis.WebGISException: Cannot get the configuration of the ArcGIS Data Store in the current Web GIS.
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController.a(WebGISDRFrontController.java:852)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController.service(WebGISDRFrontController.java:108)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRManager.c(WebGISDRManager.java:187)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRManager.importWebGIS(WebGISDRManager.java:170)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.client.WebGISDR.main(WebGISDR.java:103)
2020-10-14 09:50:31 DEBUG [main] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController - Deleting the temp directory C:\Backups\WebGISSite1602694181243.
2020-10-14 09:50:31 DEBUG [main] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.client.WebGISDR - Exiting the WebGIS DR utility.
com.esri.arcgis.webgis.WebGISException: Cannot get the configuration of the ArcGIS Data Store in the current Web GIS.
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController.service(WebGISDRFrontController.java:111)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRManager.c(WebGISDRManager.java:187)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRManager.importWebGIS(WebGISDRManager.java:170)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.client.WebGISDR.main(WebGISDR.java:103)
Caused by: com.esri.arcgis.webgis.WebGISException: Cannot get the configuration of the ArcGIS Data Store in the current Web GIS.
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController.a(WebGISDRFrontController.java:852)
    at com.esri.arcgis.webgis.service.impl.WebGISDRFrontController.service(WebGISDRFrontController.java:108)
    ... 3 common frames omitted
2020-10-14 09:50:31 ERROR [main] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.client.WebGISDR - Cannot get the configuration of the ArcGIS Data Store in the current Web GIS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

2 possible explanations (both of them sufficient):

1. ArcGIS Data Store had become disconnected from AGS. Reconnecting the two made WebGIS DR happy.

2. After WebGIS DR runs, the scheduled task is configured to reboot the VM. In the debugging process, I may have pressed the Step Over key twice (running webgis dr and restart) rather than once (run webgis dr only and then wait before running the reboot command).

Either way, the computer no longer reboots itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

2 possible explanations (both of them sufficient):

1. ArcGIS Data Store had become disconnected from AGS. Reconnecting the two made WebGIS DR happy.

2. After WebGIS DR runs, the scheduled task is configured to reboot the VM. In the debugging process, I may have pressed the Step Over key twice (running webgis dr and restart) rather than once (run webgis dr only and then wait before running the reboot command).

Either way, the computer no longer reboots itself.

0 Kudos