Web AppBuilder dashboard

04-19-2021 12:43 AM
adminCentlec
New Contributor III

The web appbuilder dashboard theme won't configure the chosen layout. Rather, it places all widgets on the right-hand side of the application. I've tried moving them around, this does not work, I've also tried changing between layouts, this too does not work. What could I be doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are you adding the widgets into the right location i.e. not the header? A picture would really help to understand what's going on.

0 Kudos
adminCentlec
New Contributor III

If you see below, the initial picture shows the dashboard layout where instead of having the widgets around the map, the are all placed to the right of the map. I can't even reconfigure them as I could in previous versions. I even thought of reconfiguring them via code or something, but I am not so knowledgeable in that sphere.

Dashboard Layout fails.JPGDashboard Layout correct.jpg

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @adminCentlec,

I realize this is an older thread, but it appeared so I thought I would try and assist.

In the first screenshot, are you sure you selected the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder dashboard theme? When configuring the app, when you select the dashboard theme, you should see this:

WAB_dashboardlayout.png

Notice the widgets are "opened" and appear along the left and bottom "sides" of the map. 

FYI, the second screenshot is actually a dashboard built with ArcGIS Dashboards and not ArcGIS Web AppBuilder. The former provides many more options for configuring a dashboard, including more "complex" element layouts.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
adminCentlec
New Contributor III

Hi, yes, I have selected the correct theme and as I also expected it to create a similar picture to yours. But they all cascade on the right of the page. I spoke to someone at ESRI SA and to their surprise too it did not work. I have even changed portal versions and this problem persists. This is really a problem in my organization as dashboards are a great go-to web app to view information and track user interaction, especially for managers. 

0 Kudos